the Craigslist 55g Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Great! Any links/details/pics of your diy python?

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA
details on my DIY python? It's just like any other DIY python. Try searching for "DIY Python". I pretty much followed the instructions. The only difference was the female tubing adaptor, which I had to make fit.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A great looking tank!

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA
I haven't updated this in ages.

Changes:
- removed hygro bold/tiger. that stuff got annoying. Added L. palustris in it's place. Got a few stems that are growing in nicely now. Should have a nice thicket soon. Grows at a nice manageable rate.
- removed rotala. Never did too well in my tank. Too many floater I think.
- made a larger "bush" of L. ludwigia x arcuata.

- adding a school of cardinal tetras. yeah...this is gonna be expensive if their success rate is what I've seen (20%)

Last edited:

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA

Cheeky. This guy/gal has a slightly deformed head, but functions normally for the most part.

Cheeky's mate. No name yet. Seems to have developed a taste for RCS and not much else.

What I spent the better part of the afternoon working on:

For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to add another double tap valve to this line, between the spray bar and the filter outlet.

filter outlet -> double tap -> reactor -> double tap -> spray bar

Maybe it's getting late but I had a good reason for it. But as I was putting it in, I was wondering why I was doing it.

But it's working nicely so far. I'll have to check on it tomorrow morning.

This also gave me a chance to clean out the filter hoses for the Eheim, as I needed as much flow as possible for the reactor to work. It was pretty gross.

Next week...cleaning the Fluval's hoses and putting the other pre-filter onto that.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

mountain_webste

AC Members
May 2, 2007
B-more
Wow, great progress in 6 months.

I like the addition of the angels, you needed a couple larger centerpiece fish in a 55.

Well done!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store