Thinking about switching to salt...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Looks deeper but I guess its the angle. Good looking tank for sure.

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
If you do anything I'd move the rocks in and away from the glass to make it easier to scrub/scrape. That's a mistake I made lol.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
If you do anything I'd move the rocks in and away from the glass to make it easier to scrub/scrape. That's a mistake I made lol.
Nothing's touching the front glass, do you mean move it off the back too?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If you can get it off the back glass it would be a good thing from the standpoint of waterflow, but 12" deep tanks don't leave much room. I think audifeesh is talking about making sure you have room to scrape the sides without banging into your scape.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
If you can get it off the back glass it would be a good thing from the standpoint of waterflow, but 12" deep tanks don't leave much room. I think audifeesh is talking about making sure you have room to scrape the sides without banging into your scape.
The rock on the bottom isn't touching the back, just some of the rock on the middle level. I figure I'll stick one of my smaller powerheads in the bottom back corner

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
Yeah, I was referring mainly to the sides. I have rocks up on the back but also powerheads blowing along the back side to keep things from settling where I can't clean them up.

It's very difficult for me to keep portions of my glass clean because of my rock placement. Too late now though - it'll have to wait until I transplant to a larger tank (40B or 120gal is next for me lol)

I just wanted to raise that concern before you're loaded with corals and other critters. You don't want to knock anything over or crush anyone by moving the rocks accidentally.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Yeah, I was referring mainly to the sides. I have rocks up on the back but also powerheads blowing along the back side to keep things from settling where I can't clean them up.

It's very difficult for me to keep portions of my glass clean because of my rock placement. Too late now though - it'll have to wait until I transplant to a larger tank (40B or 120gal is next for me lol)

I just wanted to raise that concern before you're loaded with corals and other critters. You don't want to knock anything over or crush anyone by moving the rocks accidentally.
Good point, I don't like the left side anyways. I'll be adjusting it so I'll fix that too. Plus I have tomorrow of, so I'll get up and going :)

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
id say mover the far left piece on top of the 2 right next to it on the right. it would get the one off the side glass and add a 3rd layer that you may need for a piece of coral that requires more light.
I still have a couple of pieces to get from the lfs, so I think I'm going to make the left side as high as I can. Plus maybe make a little bit more of an arch in the middle.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Can I begin filling the tank, and then mix the salt in 5 gallon buckets to match what I already have in the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store