Trouble with stocking a 60 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Thanks for the pics! I'll let others comment on stocking around your Angelfish.

Reactions: steakygraves

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Ok.

Nice angels! A pearlscale silver and a koi! And they're at a good size for 12 months.

Now ofr stocking. Do you want to do a biotope?
Can I get a full pic of the tank (that you have decorated)?

steakygraves

AC Members
May 14, 2020
true. I didn't think about that.

Op, can you return it yet?
I figured the same actually but I don’t know much about plants so I asked the guy at the fish store. He told me it’d be fine but I haven’t planted the tank yet so I haven’t noticed a problem. I don’t think I can return it since it’s already in the tank but I can definitely pick up something finer.

Reactions: the loach

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Black is a good color, it brings out the colors of the fish well but look for something with a 2 to 3 mm grain size.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I figured the same actually but I don’t know much about plants so I asked the guy at the fish store. He told me it’d be fine but I haven’t planted the tank yet so I haven’t noticed a problem. I don’t think I can return it since it’s already in the tank but I can definitely pick up something finer.
Id get a nutrient substrate. Something like fluval startum or seachem fluorite.
Black is a good color, it brings out the colors of the fish well but look for something with a 2 to 3 mm grain size.
yes

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
How about some java fern & anubias for plants? They are not planted in substrate but tied with thread or gel super glued to wood (real or fake) or rocks. They both come in different leaf shapes & don't need fertilizer.

As for your big substrate you might try a fine black gravel at 1 end & the coarse at the other. That way you could have some cute bottom fish if you feed at the finer end. Just an idea, there would be some mixing but it's all black & cheaper than replacing all.. Most corydoras catfish or (1 of my fav) botia striata (zebra loach), in a group of at least 6 or 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store