URGENT: PLEASE HELP FEMALE BETTA FISH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
now shes barely moving... :( lying on the bottom of the tank and the slowly swimming to the surface to breathe or just floating at teh top (not on her side, shes floating right side up) is she dying? how do i know if shes dead :'( or is she sleeping? ive actually never seen my bettas sleep or imnot sure if they were. do they even hav eyelids? how do they sleep thxx? pray for her evrybody ! keep ur fingers crossed

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I am sorry to hear about you Betta, I really hope she pulls through.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
I would lower your water level if it looks like she has trouble swimming to the top for a gulp of air. Keep the water pristine, to help her. I'm so sorry she's having this trouble. I hope she gets better.

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
okay last night i carded her to minimize stress
and when i woke up ths morning i thought she was dead
she was in a 90 degree angle position floating near the surface
with her head nera the top to breathe easier i guess
she just stayed there limp and when i fully removed the cloth covering her tank from the night before she "swam" down to the bottom in a vertical way. i coulod see her desperately trying to swim properly but the best she could do waws fall backwards and then twist to make a proper landing. she was so weak and although i lowered the water level even more it looked like she had sometrouble getting to the top. shes not pushing the pellet out anymore it seems like shes given up hope :( shes barely alive and slowly dying

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
what should i do to make her death as comfortable and painless as possible? its just so sadd :(

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
you can use clove oil to euthanize her or you can put a container of water in the freezer and when it forms an ice crust you punch a hole in the ice and put the fish in and put it back in the freezer.

sorry to hear about your lil betta girl!

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
srry my earlyer message wasnt clear
i meant how can i make her last moments as comfortable as possible? shouldi feed her anything? thanks :(

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
How sad! You did your very best for her.

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
i checked her again and foudn that she couldn't push the rest of it out. the remains of the pellet blossomed into fungus that covered the lower half of her body with a sickly cotton-like growth. theres also some on her head. shes breathing heaviliy now, slower and slower lying on the ground. she dragged herself over to the edge of the tank to say goodbye. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store