Water Change long overdue?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chris331

AC Members
that's an awesome tank!!

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Yep, definately the most uncared for tank I've seen.....................................................

NOT!!!!

It just goes to show how differently we can all run our tanks and still end up with our own little parts of the ocean. I've been considering getting a little HOB skimmer for my new "Love Shack" but on re-reading your thread have decided not to. I just needed reminding that I managed without a sump or skimmer for 3 years!!!

noskimmer

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
Sydney
Real Name
Nick Papahatzis
Thanks guys.

Grins, the donut is a sea squirt of some type, very hardy have had him almost since day one, was the inspiration for coming up with a design not to overflow the display. He managed to get into the overflow, up the tube, and then down getting wedged where the bulk head is. He was too far down to get from the top, so had to undo the bulkhead from the bottom. Had a friend staying over that weekend and she is like really tiny, I still can't get the image out of my head with her gripping onto it with both hands under the tank while my wife and I tried to pull her and the squirt out as it was really, really wedged tight.

noskimmer

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
Sydney
Real Name
Nick Papahatzis
Day 269

Well you probably guessed it, no water change in 269 days. Lost twinspot, I think a new tunze got him. I have added 3 of those little ones which you can hide at the back. They are great because you just magnet them to the glass and drag them down. I would prefer have a bunch of those hidden than a large one. Added a heap of aragonite, amazing how quickly it gets populated. Here are some photo's.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
It's looking fantastic!!!! I wouldn't mind but your water looks so much clearer than mine and I do weekly maintainence and have a skimmer.

Just goes to show..................

You're obviously doing something right!!!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Still looking awesome noskimmer... Am I seeing three tangs in your tank?? Very nice..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store