Weird phobias?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Birds also weird me out but not I'm not really afraid of them unless they are swooping down on me.

I also have a fear of not being able to see. If I'm somewhere really dark I tend to freeze up in fear. I hate not being able to see.
OT fact: Birds are the most aggressive creatures on earth in relation to body size. IMO, it's just their inner dino coming out :)

Oooh, not being able to see... I have that too, but mine is always when I can't hear anything either.

Of course, I think I just got one to top them all off: Monster under the bed. I'm 17, but still. I hear bump from under my bed a practically crap myself. I even go so far as to cover my head with my pillow sometimes, it's that pathetic...

Also, zombies. Seriously, who thought those up? I wanna feed them to a zombie, just so they can see what nightmares they dreamt up... -shivers and looks over shoulder- I can't play zombie games, watch zombie movies, or even read real zombie books. Not even "Night of the Living Trekkies", which is pathetic. And that's (Trekkies) actually a word in my dictionary, lol.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Going up the stairs in a dark house is creepy too

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I can't swim in lakes, ponds, rivers, the ocean unless I have something covering my feet. I'm not bothered by there being fish or anything else alive in the water though.

I agree with this, i fish alot and going wading in creeks and rivers. I do not go more than crotch deep and i definitley do not like not being able to see where i am walking. Freaks me out. Ive stepped on a handful of fish, turtles whatever and they have hit my legs and i nearly jump out the water haha.

Im not sure if this is a phobia but i have zero trust in any driver on the road. Im convinced that anyone that pulls up to a stop sign is going to pull out in front of me. Im constanly jabbing the brakes because i think someone is going to pull out. Im not fun to ride with haha. I dont know if ive always been like this but a few years ago i got into an accident. A lady was turning left at a stoplight and she turned right into my path. I hit the side of her car at about 50. Scared me to death, and when i got out i saw a car seat in the back, which wasnt occupied but when i saw that it just made me realize it could have been a lot worse. Totaled both vehicles, but luckily we both walked away and i only had a stiff neck. Although ill probably never be able to drive comfortably again

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Thats scary...

See, I'm full of phobias... now I have a car related one. I'm learning to drive (scary enough all on its own) and now whenever I see someone (AKA: Dad) doing something they (he) shouldn't, I crap myself! The guy eats in the car, using his LEG to steer! And soon he's gonna ask me why I don't want to learn driving from him... sheesh, your 17 year old's in the car, at least pretend to know how to drive... and serious, you can wait that few seconds it takes for the guy in front of you to make that right turn, no need to go around him... sheesh...

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
I have quite a few phobias and mild OCD, so I could go on forever, but I will just list my biggest ones. Large crowds of people is pretty up there, and whoever mentioned grasshoppers, I have an insane fear of both grasshoppers and palmetto bugs (giant flying cockroaches). No one likes them, but I just can't take the suspense of where they might hop or fly next..I can't stand bugs that fly AT you instead of away from you lol. I am also germaphobic with a specific fear of vomiting (emetophobia). Most people don't like it or find it highly unpleasant, but I will literally do ANYTHING to avoid it. *straps straight jacket back on and heads back to the padded room* ;~)

ConnerFish

AC Members
Sep 27, 2005
California
Flying/Jumping bigs is another good (well bad) one. I don't like it when any sort of insect like creature can move unexpectedly towards you in large bursts of speed. I want them to have to crawl! Crowds is another one I have hated them as long as I can remember, my mom likes to tell me all about it :p

ConnerFish

AC Members
Sep 27, 2005
California
OMG I forget my biggest one! FEET!!! I hate feet more than anything. I will not touch them at any cost. If people have shoes on its OK, socks i'm very uncomfortable, bare feet are a no go. My feet however are ok :)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
OMG I forget my biggest one! FEET!!! I hate feet more than anything. I will not touch them at any cost. If people have shoes on its OK, socks i'm very uncomfortable, bare feet are a no go. My feet however are ok :)
Lol. I have a friend like that, it's great when he see's my feet (flat footed, and weird looking).

My phobia of that giant crayfish has also now expanded to giant plecos. I need to see somebody about this...

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
I HATE FEET TOO. I SQUEAL AND FRANTICALLY WIGGLE AWAY

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
It's the character "Nin". It's a representation of a blade held over a heart. The closest literal translation would be "to forbear". Does it count that I landed in a muddy ditch full of Poison Ivy? There were times in the hospital when death didn't seem so bad. I couldn't move for over two weeks, and morphine does absolutely nothing for the itch of Poison Ivy.
I'm glad you weren't killed/maimed!

Of course, my phobia includes the plunging into freezing dark water and drowning so that's a bit different. ;)

What's that symbol on your avatar mean?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store