Weird phobias?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
dude that sucks. The only time I've been in the hospital was when I hit a pole on my bike, all I had was a mild concussion and a broken toe but they still took me away in an ambulance cause someone saw me hit me head when I fell.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
lol, I once went to the hospital because I got my finger stuck in a stroller at the store... they had to cut the whole thing off! (the stroller, not my finger)

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
Phobias are by definition irrational fears. Seems pretty rational to give something like that a good bit of your attention in that situation.
lol yeah its preety terrible. It gets me really edgy but I dont want to waste a good spearfishing day.

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
It's the character "Nin". It's a representation of a blade held over a heart. The closest literal translation would be "to forbear". Does it count that I landed in a muddy ditch full of Poison Ivy? There were times in the hospital when death didn't seem so bad. I couldn't move for over two weeks, and morphine does absolutely nothing for the itch of Poison Ivy.
Thanks for the avatar explanation. What an interesting way to graphically convey forbearance. *ponders*

Btw, I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to be chortling aloud over your hospital story. Consider it sympathetic laughter. I've had poison oak, and been doped up on morphine in the hospital ... but not at the the same time!

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
I'm afraid of heights but that isn't too irrational.

My weirdest fear is crickets. I'm terrified of big jumpy crickets. Grasshoppers are fine, crickets are scary.

Cave crickets are the worst.

It's like someone crossed a spider and a cricket -shivers- they use to live in my basement growing up.

Birds also weird me out but not I'm not really afraid of them unless they are swooping down on me.

I also have a fear of not being able to see. If I'm somewhere really dark I tend to freeze up in fear. I hate not being able to see.
Crickets make me laugh because i feed them to my fish.

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
OMG I forget my biggest one! FEET!!! I hate feet more than anything. I will not touch them at any cost. If people have shoes on its OK, socks i'm very uncomfortable, bare feet are a no go. My feet however are ok :)
Same I dislike barefeet but socks n shoes are ok. Aslong as you dont have to look at bare feet then meh.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
Also, zombies. Seriously, who thought those up? I wanna feed them to a zombie, just so they can see what nightmares they dreamt up... -shivers and looks over shoulder- I can't play zombie games, watch zombie movies, or even read real zombie books. Not even "Night of the Living Trekkies", which is pathetic. And that's (Trekkies) actually a word in my dictionary, lol.
zombies i dont get

they can bust through walls, floors, and their graves; yet when they walk limbs fall off

what's up with that?

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
I don't know if anyone else has said this or experienced it, but when my hand is in the tank for cleaning or re-arranging or whatever, I get scared whenever a fish touches me and I didn't expect it. Like I usually pull my hand almost all the way out of the tank before I realized that it's ok, it's one of my babies haha (I have been bitten by one of my parrots before tho... scared the crap outta me! But I dont know if that counts as a phobia so weird phobia... hm... scabs when they aren't one that's on me. Icky *shudders*

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Fishfriend1 said:
Also, zombies. Seriously, who thought those up? I wanna feed them to a zombie, just so they can see what nightmares they dreamt up... -shivers and looks over shoulder- I can't play zombie games, watch zombie movies, or even read real zombie books. Not even "Night of the Living Trekkies", which is pathetic. And that's (Trekkies) actually a word in my dictionary, lol.
zombies i dont get

they can bust through walls, floors, and their graves; yet when they walk limbs fall off

what's up with that?
:lol:

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
Fish Water!!!

'nuff said!

;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store