What Plecos do you own?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jerry_tyler

Registered Member
Jan 1, 2006
My Plecos

I have 5 l046 zebras, I have had them for about 6 months. I lost two of them . I had 7.

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
I have 1 rubberlip pleco. Cool fish.

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE
10" common
2.5" chocolate pleco
6.5" farlowella gracilis
and once I was wal-mart and by mistake they had a queen or some striped variety, that was worth a couple hundred. I bought it and, although it was rare it was atill a Wal-mart fish and died the next morning.

lady trish

AC Members
Oct 29, 2005
michigan
Pleco's are my favorites:
In my 140 I have a 9" Rhino, 7" Royal, 4" LDA01 Gold peckolita, 6" L128 green phantom & 5" L066 King tiger . (These are all over 5yrs. old)
In My 50gal I have 3" L083 gibbeceps, 2" L027 Royal,2" LDA05 Small spot, 2" L136 Many spot ancistrus, 2"L085 Xingu baryancistrus(I was told?)
And my new ones in the quarintine-grow-out tank are 5 L144 albino bristlenose 4 Longfin brown bristlenose 1 Albino bristlenose & 1 Red longfin bristlenose. ( these guys are maybe a 1/2" in size.)

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Lady Trish, I saw a green phantom in my LFS recently. He was a good 5" and the most beautiful pleco I've ever seen. They were asking $70 and I was SO tempted, but this LFS is notorious for sick fish and the other fish in this tank were NOT looking so hot, so I left him there.... but let me tell you.... JUST GORGEOUS! I stood and watched him for at least 15 minutes.

Anywhooo, I have a 6" common, an itty bitty albino bristlenose and an itty bitty clown. Never see those two until water change day!

:)

lady trish

AC Members
Oct 29, 2005
michigan
[/URL][/IMG] Aknif, It looks like we have the same taste big tanks and aussie dogs. I have a rambucious australian shepherd and a chesapeake bay retriever lots of fun!!
If you have a quarintine tank I would see if the lfs would give it to you at a discount and try to save it. I picked up mine that way about 7 yrs ago. All my plecos thrive on there driftwood and zucchin squash, they line up like airplanes ready for take off when I put it in the tank.

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
It would seem that way, Lady Trish! And hey! Thanks for tossing up that picture of your green phantom just to taunt me!! ;)

I'd like to go get him... but I just can't right now. Santa (aka - hubby) is ALL TAPPED OUT from Christmas and he says if I bring home another living creature... Well, then i'll have to start shopping for a new sugar daddy! :laugh:

Anyway, you don't think $70 is a bit much for a 5" GP? When I got home and looked online, I found 3" for more like $20. Thought he was a bit pricey. If he's still there in a few weeks, I may be forced to impulse buy...

:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store