What should I pay for 125 gallon used from craigslist

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

abcdefghi

AC Members
Jun 6, 2007
My LFS store is awful I agree. Many things are marked up well over 500%. Not to mention tax is 8% here.

And you right it would cost that much here for you setup. I agree you got a great deal as well ;)

Edit: For reference a 125 gallon tank was on sale last year for $250 at it lowest price, which over half off...Just for the tank.
Tank prices are high here as well, at some point I would like a 125+ gallon tank, but its crazy the cost to set up it new, and some of the prices on Craigslist are not exactly cheap either.

Just some examples on Craigslist right now a 60G set up for $600, a 29G set up for $200, 90G bowfront $2500. These are all full set ups, tank, stand, filter, lights, average price for a 55G is $200+ There are also good deals though, a few months ago I saw a 150G tank only for $0 (wish I could have gotten that one) one ad is for 8 tanks (5 x 40G breeder and 3 50G breeder) for $40, again tank only. I got a 29G set up for $75 last year and felt it was a good deal.

I think the OP got a good deal.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
how good the deal is, is relative.

Nalo has found some 'great' deal.. this one.. as long as you are happy with it.. is a good deal.
nice tank ;)
:thumbsup:

Kuthoht

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
I dont live in Los Angeles or New York. In large cities you can find or simply wait for the deals where they practically give away the tank for pennies on the dollar. I live in a city of rougly 250k people. I've been looking at craigslist for probably 6 months for a tank to buy. This was the first large tank even listed in that time. I could have had any number of 55 gallon tanks very cheap.

Keep in mind this guy was 3 miles from my house. I did not want to have to drive 300 miles to go to San Antonio just to try and find a ridiculous deal with potentially shady people on craigslist.

But hey grats to you on finding a 200+ gallon tank with alot of equipment for basically free.

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
YAY!!!
It looks AWESOME!! Congrats!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store