what size tank best for gourami , tetras , and pleco ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emma angeleen

AC Members
Jan 10, 2021
i’ve never really had fish before other than a couple bettas so i’m very new to this lmao

i want to get one gourami , ten - twelve tetras and a clown pleco ,, but i’m not sure what size tank would be best to keep them happy

like is a twenty gallon too small ?

please help lmao thank you

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
i’ve never really had fish before other than a couple bettas so i’m very new to this lmao

i want to get one gourami , ten - twelve tetras and a clown pleco ,, but i’m not sure what size tank would be best to keep them happy

like is a twenty gallon too small ?

please help lmao thank you
What type of tetra and gourami are you wanting? A 29 high would be a better option IMO because the extra height will be better for having fish in different levels of the water column. A 40b would really open up your options as well. But if you want a 20 you could do a dwarf gourami or sparkling gourami with small tetra like neons or cardinals or small rasbora like brilliant rasbora . Cherry barbs would be good too You’re going to want some driftwood as well for the clown pleco

Reactions: Sprinkle

emma angeleen

AC Members
Jan 10, 2021
ahh i’m sorry i forgot to mention what types

a dwarf gourami and probably neon tetras or something super similar to their size

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
ahh i’m sorry i forgot to mention what types

a dwarf gourami and probably neon tetras or something super similar to their size
A 20 would work for those but I still think you would enjoy a 29 more in the long run, it still has the same footprint, it’s just taller

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store