What Would You Put In Here?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ConcentratedPassion

AC Members
Jan 12, 2019
I'm starting to too, hardcore. I'm going to see how it works out. I'm buying another tank tomorrow that will be at least a 20long. Right now everything is getting along great and working together perfectly... We'll see what happens and I'll make the necessary changes when/if they need to occur.

It's a bit of an experiment I'm doing. I added a small school of ember tetras with the idea that the similar coloration and disposition with the rasboras would result in complied shared space and with the ultimate result of schooling together. I was correct. I'm loving this setup.

The plants are thriving already, and once they grow larger, my idea will be actualized.

Furby435

AC Members
Feb 1, 2019
White cloud mountain minnows and some shrimp
Or some celestial pearl danios AKA Galaxy rasboras and some neocaridina davidi. If you choose the shrimp don't get more than one color. They will breed and revert back to wild color form which is ugly.

Furby435

AC Members
Feb 1, 2019
It will take you months to cycle the tank. I just cycled my 10 gallon QT so that I can quarantine new fish and start increasing the schools of fish in my 36 gallon. I started cycling the QT on Oct 21 2018 and the tank just finished cycling a few days ago. I used 4 glo danios for cycling and they did fantastic through the cycling process without illness so they are going to go into my 36 gallon I will be adding a few more of them once they go through the QT process. Daily I changed out 25% of the the water and added seachem stability after each water change and it worked for me. If you are thinking your tank will cycle in days it's impossible you're looking at a few months but it will be worth it. Good luck!! Remember to check ammonia nitrite and finally nitrate levels through your cycling process. Glo danios are an excellent hardy fish and I agree so are the white cloud minnows.
You can cycle it in a month or two if you have some filter media from an established tank or by buying some of the bacteria at the store. Established tank filter media is best as you can be absolutely positive that the beneficial bacteria is alive and healthy.

ConcentratedPassion

AC Members
Jan 12, 2019
Or some celestial pearl danios AKA Galaxy rasboras and some neocaridina davidi. If you choose the shrimp don't get more than one color. They will breed and revert back to wild color form which is ugly.
That was definitely an idea i was tossing around. Thank you!

Furby435

AC Members
Feb 1, 2019
I'm starting to too, hardcore. I'm going to see how it works out. I'm buying another tank tomorrow that will be at least a 20long. Right now everything is getting along great and working together perfectly... We'll see what happens and I'll make the necessary changes when/if they need to occur.

It's a bit of an experiment I'm doing. I added a small school of ember tetras with the idea that the similar coloration and disposition with the rasboras would result in complied shared space and with the ultimate result of schooling together. I was correct. I'm loving this setup.

The plants are thriving already, and once they grow larger, my idea will be actualized.
If you get a 20 long, you could consider some serpae tetras but be forewarned. They are fine nippers if you have fish with long flowing fins or slow moving fish or a school of less than 10.

ConcentratedPassion

AC Members
Jan 12, 2019
So I will admit that I snubbed the idea of a betta earlier in this thread. At least for this tank.

I would feel dishonest if i didn't show that person this:

20190210_051830.jpg

20190210_051813.jpg

ConcentratedPassion

AC Members
Jan 12, 2019
I was so used to bettas growing up, and so accustomed to seeing them everywhere that I have disregarded them entirely for years. I would get annoyed when someone would suggest them, because they are so obvious.

I have to say, after a couple of youtube videos of people's setups and noticing that some of them had some planted nano betta tanks -- which to my surprise I found to be quite epic, simplistic and beautiful, I really started to itch. Now i want more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store