Whats the strangest combination of fish you've seen in a tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
From what I can understand Mollies and some Guppies can live in full salt water. Goldfish can do okay in Brackish conditions. Clown fish, I believe are tolerant of less than full-strength salinity.

So even without "magic water" some combinations of salties/freshies are perfectly achievable.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
From what I can understand Mollies and some Guppies can live in full salt water. Goldfish can do okay in Brackish conditions. Clown fish, I believe are tolerant of less than full-strength salinity.

So even without "magic water" some combinations of salties/freshies are perfectly achievable.
My guess is that the fish's lives would be cut short.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
wierdest combo? my tank, lol. mind you half of the 5 fish are juvies, so aggression isn't an issue....yet. oscar, jewel cichlid, paratilapia polleni, what i believe is a peacock cichlid, and an angel with an attitude.

MackBlanch

AC Members
Jun 20, 2009
I have 3 glofish, 2 dwarf african frogs, 2 otos, a betta, and 4 ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon tanks. The frogs will stalk the shrimp but have met with no success, they really are aweful at feeding themselves :p

lmarshall

AC Members
Mar 31, 2009
In a chinese restaurant:

3 golden gourami
2 african cichlids, aprox. 6in (not sure what type)
5+ bright pink fancy goldfish, the kind with the fat bodies and flowy fins

This was all in a 30 gallon tank with green water and a clogged HOB filter.

eoibio

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Possibly my tank..

75g Discus Tank
1 x African Brown Knife

1 x Albino Senegalus 1 x Polypterus Senegalus 1 x Broken Pattern TT eel 6 x Discus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store