Who has a pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

libbylibbylibby

LibbyLibbyLibby
Dec 22, 2006
St. Louis, MO
My pond is about 2,500 gallons. Comets and fantails, along with a wide variety of "native" inhabitants (mosquitofish, bullfrogs, leopard frogs, toads, salamanders, etc). Here are a couple pics:

KIF_0387.JPG KIF_0382.JPG KIF_1382.JPG

Last edited:

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Wow, nice pond, mine look sick because I just moved them.

sexymumma

Pregnant mummy!
Jan 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I did when I lived with my parents, and I have thought about putting one in here at our house, but have decided against it. Its far to dangerous for little kids. With the drowning statistics of children in Australia these days, no way would I.

PHPong

PHPong
Jan 22, 2007
Missouri
ponds

I have 9 ponds and we are building number 10 this spring. I have two 90 gallons- two 300 gallons-a 500 gallon-a 600 gallon-an 800 gallon- an 1000 gallon-an 1800 gallon and next will be another 800 gallon. I have many hardy lilies and many tropical lilies and many tropical plants. I have koi and goldfish and Gambusi. I also put mollies outside in summer.

Adorabull

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
Tasmania/Australia
Hi

I have just built my very first pond (Some one here calculated it to be about 2800 gallons...Sorry I'm an Aussie and not sure of your conversions)

My pond only has a few little Goldfish in it at the moment. Hopfully they will grow bigger...How big do Goldfish grow ?

I have been looking at the pics on this thread and I'm far too embarased to post a pic after looking at all your fantastic looking ponds.....I hope over time and adding a lot more plant to and around the pond that it will one day look half as good as the ones on this thread!!!

Siren

Mythological Creature
I have a 50g at the moment, in the back of my car with spiderwebs in it...
When i have my own place it'll get buried, filled, and have goldfish in it, as the place i'm buying comes with four or five goldfish in a 10-15g tank, no good!

50g still won't be enough, but it'll beat 10-15g for sure!
Are you buying a house that comes with a fishtank??? WOW....lucky you! Mine just came with a bad roof and crazy wiring...

arapaimag

AC Members
Jan 31, 2007
Quaoar
I've got 10 ponds from 50 gallons to 200,000 gallons. I keep mainly goldfish, minnows and a few koi in them year round. I put tropical fish out for the summer months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store