Who has a pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Astramorgaine

AC Members
Feb 6, 2007
Southern Indiana
We have a 1acre fish pond stocked with bass, bluegill and catfish.
*is jealous* I have a small formed pond I'd say about 20 gal in my lily garden, and another one in the front of the house about 500 gal give or take... we dug the hole and lined it with pond liner it's about 3 ft deep at the depest part. I have water iris, mini cattail, water lilies, leopard and bull frogs and a few goldfish. I'm still learning about pond maintenance and aquatic plants, and have to say I don't know what I'd do without my ponds and gardens!

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
We have a small pond made out of an old sink basin. Ugly square thing. It holds some type of bamboo and hyacinth. We used to keep feeder goldfish in there, but our cat is a little too curious. Before he came along, one winter it froze solid. I thought we lost the fish for sure. HOWEVER, when it thawed, three of them lived.

mdm

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
my pond

I have a 12ft x 24ft x 4ft deep back yard koi pond with waterfall. Its alot of work keeping it clean especially during the mid summer.(Algea). Ive had it for about 10 years now---its just agreat place to sit and relax all summer long.

winddancer70

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
Arizona
I have 4 ponds. They range in size form 85 gallon preformed...up too 500 gallons. I keep turtles in two of them.One 500 I have 3 koi..:)

pl*co

Feeds low on the food chain
Jul 18, 2004
Michigan
Hey, why aren't there more photos?? The time of year maybe. I hope we will see more as the weather warms up. Anyway, ya'll have some beautiful ponds. I don't have anywhere to build a pond outside, so this winter, I set up a bathtub pond with two Goldfish. Finally, I have a 135 gallon "tank"! :D

Most of what I used are materials I already had, such as the equipment, bricks and the house plants (not to mention the fish), but purchased the gravel and slate. Later, I bought more plants and the driftwood. I also purchased the materials to disguise the tub faucet.

I am running a heater to keep the water at 69 or so (the water gets 60 degrees or less at night in the winter and I really don't think it's necessary to let it get that cold), a powerhead with a sponge filter, and a small air line (I like bubbles) for water movement. I will add more plants to the water when they become available in the spring. Right now I have some Anacharis, Hornwort, Cabomba, Crypts, and some Pennywort. Meanwhile, here are some photos.

nessy

AC Members
Mar 9, 2007
We have two ponds. Ones a 300gal baby koi pond and the other is 4500gal.

nessy

AC Members
Mar 9, 2007
nessy, all I can say is WOW!:clap: :bowing: :thm: :dance: Beautiful fish!
Thanks..Those are only 1/2 of our babies...lol...

My wife and I both love your idea with the tub.

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Some GREAT posts!!! :)

I will need ot post some pics of our Koi pond (It's iced over ATM).

My father and I created a small "puddle" in our back yard for a couple of Koi (1 Butterfly, 1 Albino and 2 motled). They must be over 2' each and are about 4 years old now.

The pond is 3 feet deep w/ a 6' diam area about 4 feet, and the overall surface dimensions are approx. 18'x6' with a cascading waterfall that is about 5 feet high. :)

Psuedofire

AC Members
Feb 7, 2007
I have 3 ponds one is around 55,000 gallons ones is about 2,000 and the other is about 1,500. we raise koi, fancy gold fish, cat fish, and guppies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store