YAY just got a python

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unbeatablec

Lives in Michigan
spiderpig:
most of us double dose the tank before we start adding the water in.. if you use Prime, it works instantly... as do many other water conditioners.
Nope, thats why water comes out the bottom when refilling, it airates the water removing metals and chlorine!

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 7, 2004
Cincinnati, Ohio
Just add water conditioner before you start filling.

The most important part is this.

When the bottom part is open, water flows through, creating suction on the left part, which is connected to your aquarium, which will drain it. If the tank is higher than the sink, you can turn the water off once you have siphon, but I leave it on to get a bit more force. If the tank is lower than the sink you must leave the water running. I doubt it waste too much water on smaller tanks.

Then to fill it up, you just close the bottom, and water has nowhere to go but iinto the sink. If you wanted to, you could use a thermometer to measure the water temp, to try to get it close before turning filling the tank, but I just guess.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
Nope, thats why water comes out the bottom when refilling, it airates the water removing metals and chlorine!
huh? aeration doesn't remove anything but chlorine... and water doesn't come out the bottom when refilling.. it comes out the hose. i must be misunderstanding you. (i'm not trying to be rude, i'm just not quite sure what you mean by this)

Mexican Racoon

Se?or Member
Mar 13, 2005
Memphis, TN
You had a 120 without a python????
Seriously, that's not a hobby, that's labor.

You are gonna love that thing.

-Be very careful not to suck up your fish!!!
-As mentioned, make sure your sink is draining well!
-Be careful with the valve. It is plastic, your faucet is metal, if you over tighten, you will be shopping for a replacement.

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 7, 2004
Cincinnati, Ohio
-Be careful with the valve. It is plastic, your faucet is metal, if you over tighten, you will be shopping for a replacement.
Actually it should be metal. My friend bought a python about two weeks ago, and there was a metal faucet adaptor. It was kind of funny since the drive home from the store, I was telling him how great the python was, but that it needs a metal adaptor to be perfect. We were even planning on buying one that day, but we were very happy to see that they fixed the problem and included a metal one.

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
It would be nice if it came w/ some kind of adapter on the bottom so the outflow has enough pressure to work a sprinkler head w/o decreasing suction.. maybe connect it to a pump between python head and hose. Can't stand the sound off all that water going down the drain when I have wilting plants and grass outside.

As it is, I only use my Python on my 10g shrimp tank. 20g fry tank, I still use a bucket - those darn fry too curious, get sucked up too easily. Plus, detritus is great fertilizer for my potted plants outside. With my 40g and 70g, I manually vac it out the window to my lawn but it just flows in 1 spot. Wish it could work the sprinkler.

Anybody can give me a better setup ?

Mexican Racoon

Se?or Member
Mar 13, 2005
Memphis, TN
Wish it could work the sprinkler.
You couldn't do it off a siphon. You would need a pump. I use a small electric pump to gravel vac my tank, but it is not strong enough for a sprinkler. I'm not sure, but it would probably take a $300 dollar piece of equipment to get that kind of pressure.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Actually it should be metal. My friend bought a python about two weeks ago, and there was a metal faucet adaptor. It was kind of funny since the drive home from the store, I was telling him how great the python was, but that it needs a metal adaptor to be perfect. We were even planning on buying one that day, but we were very happy to see that they fixed the problem and included a metal one.
Ours came with the brass fitting, we got it over a year ago, strange that some are still coming with the plastic ones, luckily you have the metal version........:idea:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store