Your Co2 Set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Get the one from Rex for a little more. You don't have to get the Best one. He offers one for under $150. The extra money is worth having Rex's expertise to support the product. I don't think you'll get that level of support from any online shop.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
both of them have regulators that are better quality. one thing i hate about the one you linked was the built in timer. adds to the space it takes up.
I thought the timer was a good idea... is an on/off switch better?

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Get the one from Rex for a little more. You don't have to get the Best one. He offers one for under $150. The extra money is worth having Rex's expertise to support the product. I don't think you'll get that level of support from any online shop.
once i get some coin i'll probably go with the one you're suggesting. Good looking out brotha'.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I'm going to run mine on an external timer. I'm inclined to stay away from built-in stuff as if one part breaks the whole thing is generally useless.

I once had a cd and cassette player for my component stereo and the cd player kept going out which made the cassette not work either. Just an example but you get the idea.

It costs a bit more to keep things separate, but it doesn't kill your whole system if one component breaks. Most of the time that is.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I'm going to run mine on an external timer. I'm inclined to stay away from built-in stuff as if one part breaks the whole thing is generally useless.

I once had a cd and cassette player for my component stereo and the cd player kept going out which made the cassette not work either. Just an example but you get the idea.

It costs a bit more to keep things separate, but it doesn't kill your whole system if one component breaks. Most of the time that is.

isnt this timer external?

sorry, i've never owned or worked with timers.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Looks like the timer and bubble counter are built on to the regulator. Also, don't use that type of diffuser. You want to have a reactor. I'm going to use one like Rex's DIY reactor.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
yeah, i was planning on using a reactor... or something to to keep the co2 exposed longer.

it looks to me like the timer is seperate from the regulator...and the regulator simply plugs into the timer... am i not seeing it correctly?

UCF-Planted

AC Members
Apr 20, 2007
Orlando, FL
That timer looks separate to me too. I think they just crammed everything together for the picture.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store