Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Misled_Youth

Water Spider?!?!

Wow thanks all for the info :D see i have a lot of hanging plants in my 30 gal which i thought would be perfect for the spider to make his nest but if they're aggressive to the fish i'd rather not risk it. so i think i might get a seperate 5 gallon betta tank and keep him in there. but they're...
  2. Misled_Youth

Water Spider?!?!

Okay okay, so i've always admired spiders, and i've been looking for something cool to add to my add to one of my tanks. I was thinking, could i put a Argyroneta aquatica, water spider, in one of my fish tanks. i have bigger fish in my 45 gallon, and smaller tetra-size fish in my 30 and i was...
  3. Misled_Youth

A low energy, low maintenance tank.

i absolutely love the idea of a self-sustaining fish tank. would love to see how this turns out
  4. Misled_Youth

ok a video of my 55 and a few Questions. need answers quicks please....

don't set it up on the floor because then you won't be able to get a syphon going and won't be able to clean it. you need the power of gravity. reinforce the stand with 2 X 4s and you should be alright
  5. Misled_Youth

Hmmmm...

so i transfered the algae eaters into the 45. doing pretty well but when the SAEs that were in there before catch sight of them, it's an epic game of tag hahah Just added 8 neon tetras and 4 emerald cory cats into the 29. seem to be doing very well and after i added them i fed the tank...
  6. Misled_Youth

Hmmmm...

thanks for all the info everybody. i've definately got some food for thought now. i've got a 45 gallon i can transfer the algae eaters into so i'll get right on that. oh and thank you for the link vwill!
  7. Misled_Youth

Hmmmm...

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/species-gallery/species-images/aquascape_pics/albino_plecostomus.jpg this guy i do believe
  8. Misled_Youth

Hmmmm...

They've been in the same tank since August of last year :) and about the pleco i'm not exactly sure... somewhat has the skin pattern of a rubber-lip pleco though
  9. Misled_Youth

betta tank mate

It all depends on your set up and such. i have a betta in my 29 Gal. with various different tankmates, including 2 other anabantoids; Gold gourami & Blue dwarf Gourami. He gets along just fine with all the other fish but has taken in interest in the blue dwarf gourami because i think she might...
  10. Misled_Youth

Hmmmm...

why thank you :D I'll look into em oh and just wanted to throw in there that the tank is running with a Penguin 300 filter
  11. Misled_Youth

Hmmmm...

So among other fish in my 29 G, i have 4 tetras, 2 bleeding hearts and 2 lemons. Now i was thinking of adding a few platys to really add a flash of colors but now i'm having second thoughts and would want to add more tetras. Not too sure what kind to get so open to suggestions about tetras or...
  12. Misled_Youth

Need help with plant identification

well once again thank you so much for the help and i'll keep poking around as usual and learn a few things
  13. Misled_Youth

haha very good to hear. do you have any plant-trimming tips? just because i've never had plants before i wanna learn all i can
  14. Misled_Youth

Why thank you :D what would you suggest would be the better way to keep it? Rooted or left floating?
  15. Misled_Youth

Hi there so my mom just came home with some plants from a breeder that lives in my neighborhood to my surprise. Now, she said she didn't know the name but apparently it's a floating plant, has broad, oak tree-like leaves, and the root system has no bulb and is skeleton-like and i just wanted to...
  16. Misled_Youth

My Fake Planted Tank

Awesome looking tank! I was just wondering, how do you get your silk plants to stay so spread out like that?
  17. Misled_Youth

Need Help!

happypoet, i'll try that and hopefully it works Somervell, i thought there were no such things as dumb questions and everyone is here to help. I've cleaned and scrubbed the intake, and the water level is definately high enough.
  18. Misled_Youth

Need Help!

The Biowheel for my Penguin 300 filter keeps sputtering and i don't know what to do to help keep it at a steady flow. I just put in new filter cartridges because i thought mine were too small and that hasn't fixed the problem. Was wondering if there was anything i could do to jerry-rig it...
  19. Misled_Youth

Betta Help

My Betta fish has been in a community 29 gallon tank for quite some time now and was happily thriving but today i noticed he was just hanging out, almost laying on the gravel in one of the corners of my tank. no discoloration or anything wrong with his fins or any fungal or parasitic infections...
  20. Misled_Youth

Video of my icichlid growout tank + feeding video

Awesome looking fish :D the driftwood looks pretty swell in that tank and it all goes well together. what're you feeding your fish and eel?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store