Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. P

Fish and shrimp gasping for breath, day after water change!

Thanks all. Busy day! Tested my nitrates again, under 10 anyways 0-10 and it always has measured that low. I don't know, maybe my test kit is off, but both of them?
  2. P

44 gallons, used water conditioner. Ph 6.2 alkalinity 60. Hardness 120. nitrites and nitrates are o. I know screwy water. And it is a planted tank. So I don't use and air stone. This shouldn't be a problem in a planted tank.
  3. P

Don't understand why? Did 20% water change yesterday and this morning everybody is gasping for air at the top! I don't even have my CO2 on because last week I had the same problem only much worse, (because of the C02) and 2 rams died. Help! What's going on here?
  4. P

Fish gasping for breath?

2nd. time this happened. Checking on Co2 monitors now.
  5. P

Fish gasping for breath?

My other blue survived! So far. Turned off CO2 and have more surface disruption. It's amazing how quick that happens. 2 dead. I hope the others survive my stupidity.
  6. P

Fish gasping for breath?

It was the CO2! I out gassed them. It was only on about 1 bubble per second. That's less then usual. Lost a blue and and a gold ram and one's mia. Presumed dead or he would be gasping on top too. Oh, I am soooo heart broken. The Rams were my star and so beautiful. I would post a picture but it...
  7. P

Fish gasping for breath?

I have a moderately planted tank so I don't have an air stone. I do add Co2. Anyways, did a water change yesterday and today all my fish, (and shrimp) are all at the top of the tank getting air! Am I going to have to add an airstone now? Would that effect CO2 levels? Thanks for the :help:
  8. P

FS FS Eihiem Ecco easy 60- N.California

Hardly used. In take and out take haven't been. No media. PU or ship from N.California 94954. 60.00
  9. P

FS FS Eheim Ecco Easy 60

Hardly used. Hoses have a little green but the intake and out take was never used. No media. but everything else. 75.00. Shipping to NY is about 15.00 so the closer west the less. punch
  10. P

New Gold Rams, they are just sooo pretty!

I never realize how really pretty the gold rams were. The blues are nice to. I thought I posted a picture, wheres the picture?
  11. P

LFS in your area

We HAD a good one. Now all we have is a petco. Not a good fish one either. But Ceasers in Santa Rosa, Ca. on Stony Point Road is very very good.
  12. P

whats your greatest frustration in fishkeeping?

Algae. I can deal with a lot, lugging buckets, which I do. Trying to get everything right and not have an abundance of algae.
  13. P

Perfect canister filters

Thanks you all! I'll check the reviews. Makes me feel a little better buying something I never dealt with before!
  14. P

Perfect canister filters

Does anyone have any experience with "Perfect" canister filters? Or what would you recommend? I have a fluval 205 and a 40 gallon tank. The 205 is rated up to 40, and my tank, though a 40 gallon really is about a 44 gallon. Anyways, I want something a little extra without breaking the bank...
  15. P

All kinds of new pics. 6 week mark.

It's filling up and the reds are coming out. My dwarf chain sword gets silver white leaves. anyone know why?
  16. P

All kinds of new pics. 6 week mark.

So it's been a bout 6 weeks since I planted my aquarium. So far I'm pretty happy. I have some other new pics.
  17. P

e-ray tetra's and cherry shrimp!

Thank you! I did do a little research and my tank is planted, hopefully they will have enough hiding spaces for some to survive. I'll check out the breeder's net as well. Happy Holidays! (my ghost shrimp are carrying eggs too) This keeps up and I won't even have to feed my fish! (just joking)
  18. P

<tyrome biggums' voice>check out the rock I bought!

Landscaping place would have it as well as a construction supply. Cheaper than the LFS. I didn't need that much so When I went to the landscape supply place they let me take all the broken pcs, at the bottom of the crate! Some were pretty good size. Plenty big enought to make the cave and a...
  19. P

Just made a curved wall by stacking the pcs. and gluing together
  20. P

I got mine free! I got all the broken off pcs. at the bottom of the crate. Of course, I didn't need 45 lbs. worth!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store