Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. PuppyFluffer

Help with brown algae on plants

I set up a new little tank about 6 weeks ago. It's a 5 gallon, standard gravel in the bottom, small driftwood with anubias, hairgrass and 3 clumps of another little common plant I can't recall at the moment. It has a screw in light fixture with a CFL. It's stocked with 3 male guppies and 2...
  2. PuppyFluffer

Re-using fluorite

Thanks. It's been bone dry for at least 3 years!
  3. PuppyFluffer

Re-using fluorite

I had a cute little 20 tall planted tank, finally spent the bucks and got a better light and kicked off a terrible algae bloom and really lost my spark for the hobby. I tossed the plants and finished out the natural life of my fish and got out of fish for several years. I have the bucket of...
  4. PuppyFluffer

Check it out! My new site is LIVE!!!! :D

We are doing well. I hope you all are doing great too! I'll be in touch when I think I can actually make it up.
  5. PuppyFluffer

Check it out! My new site is LIVE!!!! :D

Awesome site! I'm so happy to see you growing! A huge algae bloom took the wind out of my sails for my tanks while the rest of life just got super busy. I have hopes of rekindling my fishy fun and will be in touch about a trip up to visit and shop, soon I hope!
  6. PuppyFluffer

My nearly 3 year old fed my 10 gallon about 1/2 a pack of Crab Cuisine

And rufioman, I get your humor. I don't use that as a teaching tool but boy oh boy...do I understand the frustration! LOL
  7. PuppyFluffer

I have always kept the food out of reach! I just didn't realize he has gotten tall enough to reach that shelf now. I keep the Crab Cuisine in the freezer with my frozen blood worms and algae waffers because I don't feed it that often. I often let him help me feed but always tell him that he...
  8. PuppyFluffer

Oh, and the the lights are on a timer and were off when I fed last night, that's why I didn't see the mess he had created. I feel really bad for my fish that died!
  9. PuppyFluffer

He just dumped what was left of the package in the tank, totally unbeknownst to anyone yesterday. I fed the tank last night too - a few algae wafers for the snails and a pinch for the four pseudomugil furcatus I had. I woke up to a totally cloudy tank and two dead fish and most of the snails...
  10. PuppyFluffer

Problem algae growth

I have had this exact problem when I finally bought a proper light for my tank. I'd never had algae problems until I put that sucker on it and it totally exploded. I'm still trying to sort it out.
  11. PuppyFluffer

Saving wild eastern US fish - radio story - listen online

http://thestory.org/ It's the show from December 1, 2010. I'm listening now. Interesting.
  12. PuppyFluffer

Color change on platy?

yeah, it's an old thread but it served to pull me back to AC. I've been away from here for at least 6 months! Life just got busy with my family and my fish hobby has totally suffered. It was nice to see the note in my email box that someone had replied to my thread. I hope to make some time...
  13. PuppyFluffer

Unexpected presents!

That's great! I've got some really cute guppies you can have! LOL
  14. PuppyFluffer

See Through Guppy..... NOT KIDDING!!!!

Nope. I don't like see through fish. I don't like albino fish either.
  15. PuppyFluffer

Little men

Really Rbish. Are they really that glowing blue? I've never seen them in real life. Beautiful fish!!!
  16. PuppyFluffer

Earthquake strikes Haiti

My husband is in the Air National Guard as a reservist. [Traditional guardsman - weekend warrior, 15 days a year (3 weeks)]. He's putting in one of his weeks this week and they are doing an unusual schedule for some special training. He came home yesterday and told me they are changing things...
  17. PuppyFluffer

Losing a job sucks

Good luck. It's tough out there. My husband was unemployed about a year and a half ago for 5 months and it was stressful. He is at the tail end of completing a degree - 1/5 semesters to go. He was really stressed with the job market, not having a degree, me being pregnant with our third...
  18. PuppyFluffer

The other new boy

Love those electric blue flecks in there! He's beautiful. More please!!!
  19. PuppyFluffer

Share your Secret Santa Surprises!

Coach, Pm me your address and I'll send you some holiday card love!
  20. PuppyFluffer

ID THIS FISH GAME THREAD

I've no idea what it is but it's lovely!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store