10 Gallon Multi Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Beautiful shells! Try to add at least 3 shells for each multi you are going to bring home.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Beautiful shells! Try to add at least 3 shells for each multi you are going to bring home.

Nooooooot a problem, lol.

I'm probably getting a trio, and I put in a bunch of shells. I'm sure there is at least 9 in there, plus extras for babies.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great! Continue with the pics during the whole stocking process, please!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I will!! If I'm known for anything, it's copious, ridiculous amounts of photographs.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Well, here is the tank right now. I put a bunch of the shells in, and arranged them to look decent. I'm sure that will last REAL long once the multis are in, lol!
Right now I have 1 endler, 1 brig and 2 amanos in the tank, just to produce waste and keep the tank cycled. I also have the sponge running in the 20, which will be added shortly before the multis arrive.

You can see I managed to trap my soul in this photograph.

Shells shells shells.

The moss and fern will come out later, but right now it's just helping with water quality and cycling. I do plan on buying an anubias to tie to a rock.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
So you've changed from a 10 to a 20 gallon shellie tank? Excellent!! That gives you lots more room for 'scaping. I am boxing up some THR for you right now, and the pic of this tank gives me a good idea of which rocks to send.

Describe to me, please, the layout you are hoping for; rocks on one side, or both ends, some in the middle to break up sight lines, or a combination of that?

I know shellies make their homes in the shells and like to dig around in the substrate, but will they want to swim through holes in the rock? I don't want to send anything with holes they might get stuck in.

I know what would help, draw a sketch of your dream tank and upload it, if possible; I'd like to try to help make it happen.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
So you've changed from a 10 to a 20 gallon shellie tank? Excellent!! That gives you lots more room for 'scaping. I am boxing up some THR for you right now, and the pic of this tank gives me a good idea of which rocks to send.

Describe to me, please, the layout you are hoping for; rocks on one side, or both ends, some in the middle to break up sight lines, or a combination of that?

I know shellies make their homes in the shells and like to dig around in the substrate, but will they want to swim through holes in the rock? I don't want to send anything with holes they might get stuck in.

I know what would help, draw a sketch of your dream tank and upload it, if possible; I'd like to try to help make it happen.

Sorry, I WANT to upgrade to a 20. Still a 10 for now. Does kina look like a 20 in the pic though. I've also had people tell me my 20 looks bigger, so maybe I have my camera on supersize! (Note to self, don't take self portraits with camera)
I will sketch out a drawing for you though! :) I don't know EXACTLY how I'll lay it out yet. I never do till I have everything in hand, and I shift it all around a dozen times, lol.
I have read some people saying that they like holes in holey rock. I would think that they would be pretty good about not getting stuck, considering their wild habitat. I wouldn't worry about that too awful much. Maybe just try to find pieces with holes at least 1 inch in diameter or no holes?
Anyway, prepare for an unimpressive sketch!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Wow.. it looks bigger than a 10. OK, I'll be waiting for some artwork.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Oh, that is awesome. :grinyes: I'll try to send stuff that will work for that arrangement.

Pssst.... don't change your major, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store