10 Gallon Multi Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Actually, the artwork is really good. :thumbsup:

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Very well, but if you want some of the fry I hope to get off these guys, they'll be free of charge!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Ooooo that sounds cool.... I better be lookin' for another tank, lol.

justinf67

AC Members
Mar 2, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
my lfs doesnt carry any tangs at all. :( i had gold occies that i ordered online, but my males killed each other, and the other 2 disappeared. I had no top on it, so i assume they jumped... i do want a tang tank though. i especially like julies and leleupi...

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
That would be sweet! More people need to breed these guys and sell them. The lfs wants $13 each for them :(
Agreed! I'm actually surprised that prices are still around that area when there are tons of people looking to get rid of fry.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Ok... I boxed up your Texas holey rocks. I'm gonna upload pictures of the ones I'm sending you for your shellie tank.

I know these little buggers like to dig, so I worked on the base of two of these I'm sending, to make them sit flatter and be more stable. I did a little grinding and sanding on the bases, hope that doesn't violate the sanctity of holey rock for any purists out there, lol.

I'm a bit OCD and a perfectionist so I had to create a simulated 10 gallon tank so I could try out different rocks, arrange and rearrange several times before I could make a decision on the ones that would be just right, and as close to possible as your drawing.

Not perfect, but I think you'll like these, and I hope your little fishies do, too. One thing for sure.... your ph will really be kicking up there. In fact, when you do water changes you will probably have to do multiple small ones very frequently or you'll go swinging from 8.5+ with gh and kh out the wazoo to whatever your tap water is.

You might want to rig up a reservoir to be ready for water changes, and I can send you some small chunks that are such pure limestone they're like handling chalk. White powder gets all over ya. I wish I had thought of that, I could have stuck the pieces in the box.

The box is ready to go out in the morning when the post office is open.

Here's some pics:

I used construction paper to make the correctly sized bottom and backside of a 10 gallon tank.
THR13.jpg

I took this shot from above so you could see the depth of the rocks. I have them placed back against the glass, so to speak, lol, but you can see that you could have them forward so the fish could go behind, if you like.
THR11.jpg

Another angle of the front view.
THR12.jpg

Turned the middle rock around so you could see the back side. I think that hole at the top is plenty big for them to swim through, if they want to, lol.
THR10.jpg

I turned the right side rock around so you could see the backside of it. I like it the other way around, myself.

THR9.jpg

The smaller rock on the left has lots of nice holes to stick plants in, as does the large middle rock.

THR4.jpg

Boxed up and ready to go
THRBOX.jpg

So you can get an idea about the size of that hole.
THR3.jpg

THR13.jpg THR11.jpg THR12.jpg THR10.jpg THR9.jpg THR3.jpg THR1.jpg THR4.jpg THR6.jpg THR2.jpg THR5.jpg THRBOX.jpg

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Ok... I boxed up your Texas holey rocks. I'm gonna upload pictures of the ones I'm sending you for your shellie tank.

I know these little buggers like to dig, so I worked on the base of two of these I'm sending, to make them sit flatter and be more stable. I did a little grinding and sanding on the bases, hope that doesn't violate the sanctity of holey rock for any purists out there, lol.

I'm a bit OCD and a perfectionist so I had to create a simulated 10 gallon tank so I could try out different rocks, arrange and rearrange several times before I could make a decision on the ones that would be just right, and as close to possible as your drawing.

Not perfect, but I think you'll like these, and I hope your little fishies do, too. One thing for sure.... your ph will really be kicking up there. In fact, when you do water changes you will probably have to do multiple small ones very frequently or you'll go swinging from 8.5+ with gh and kh out the wazoo to whatever your tap water is.

You might want to rig up a reservoir to be ready for water changes, and I can send you some small chunks that are such pure limestone they're like handling chalk. White powder gets all over ya. I wish I had thought of that, I could have stuck the pieces in the box.

The box is ready to go out in the morning when the post office is open.

Here's some pics:

I used construction paper to make the correctly sized bottom and backside of a 10 gallon tank.
View attachment 116436

I took this shot from above so you could see the depth of the rocks. I have them placed back against the glass, so to speak, lol, but you can see that you could have them forward so the fish could go behind, if you like.
View attachment 116437

Another angle of the front view.
View attachment 116438

Turned the middle rock around so you could see the back side. I think that hole at the top is plenty big for them to swim through, if they want to, lol.
View attachment 116439

I turned the right side rock around so you could see the backside of it. I like it the other way around, myself.

View attachment 116440

The smaller rock on the left has lots of nice holes to stick plants in, as does the large middle rock.

View attachment 116443

Boxed up and ready to go
View attachment 116447

So you can get an idea about the size of that hole.
View attachment 116441

LMAO, you are nuts! Thank you for showing so much interest. You can bet that when the weather gets warm and stable, you'll be getting some shellie fry. :)
Thanks for sand them down! It will be good fto have them nice and stable.
I will also do more frequent, smaller water changes. Luckily, my tap pH is around 7.6, not too low. Do you think that two, 10% WCs would be good?
Don't worry about the chalky limestone, lol. You have already gone above and beyond the call of duty. :) I think I'll be fine as long as I do smaller WCs. I'd be more worried if my tap was really acidic. I could also buy some buffer, and do bucket changes instead of Python changes.

By the way, those rocks look AWESOME. I'm sure you are well aware of how much money you've saved me. I would have paid 15-20 bucks a rock on ebay, and 20-30 bucks shipping.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Glad to help out a starving student, lol. I think you'll do fine on the WCs but check with PittBull or one of the other rift lakers on that.

I'm glad you like them. I can't wait to see them in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store