10g plants, CP?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
well, guess im pretty well good to go, where do i go about getting these plants however?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
can i buy any from yal? your plants seem really nice and im sure yal would cut me a good deal :p

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
can i buy any from yal? your plants seem really nice and im sure yal would cut me a good deal :p
None of my plants are vigorous enough yet to be doing any propagating. Sorry.
I have one adelae that has had some daughter shoots, but they've all been either gotten rid of or are promised. I'll keep you in mind for next time though.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i kinda like the look of the binata or whatever its called, the ones that fork. The 8 prong looks really cool, but i like the simple look of the 2 prong.

what other plants could i keep?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I have one adelae that has had some daughter shoots, but they've all been either gotten rid of or are promised. I'll keep you in mind for next time though.
Btw Jb I just noticed that one of the adelae you gave me has become a momma itself!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Btw Jb I just noticed that one of the adelae you gave me has become a momma itself!
:thumbsup:

See... they grow like mad when they're happy!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
i kinda like the look of the binata or whatever its called, the ones that fork. The 8 prong looks really cool, but i like the simple look of the 2 prong.

what other plants could i keep?
Other than sundews, you could go with "intermediate" neps. Pappy already mentioned the ventricosa, which is probably one of the standard "beginner" plants, but you could also look for copelandii (cobraplant.com) or truncata (blackjungle.com). Most anything hybridized with ventricosa (which is actually a pretty common species to find crosses of) will be pretty easy to grow as well. They should do well under most any conditions as long as the humidity stays above 50ish percent. The biggest problem with most of these other than the ventricosa is that they tend to get pretty big pretty fast. My copelandii has already gotten way past appropriate for a 10g. The truncata would still fit, but I'm expecting that it will hit a growth spurt again pretty soon since it's pretty well acclimated to it's new home at this point. I'd bet by spring it would be too big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store