30 gallon cube stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
It really depends on what types of Killies. Most will be fine in your tank.

Peacock Gudgeons are super dooper fun to have! I just wish they actually bred to me.

Fishlock Holmes

AC Members
Jan 9, 2011
Central Indiana
Real Name
Rachel
It really depends on what types of Killies. Most will be fine in your tank.

Peacock Gudgeons are super dooper fun to have! I just wish they actually bred to me.
After a little research, I realize most killies don't get as big as the golden wonders I've seen. Some of the smaller ones are definitely an option. But I really want to find some peacock gudgeons!

Fishlock Holmes

AC Members
Jan 9, 2011
Central Indiana
Real Name
Rachel
Saw some neon dwarf rainbowfish today... I'd never seen them before, but I'm thinking they might be the perfect addition to help fill out the upper levels of my cube!

Fishlock Holmes

AC Members
Jan 9, 2011
Central Indiana
Real Name
Rachel
I think I've decided on the following:

4-5 dwarf neon rainbows
2 blue rams
2 peacock gudgeons
3-4 cory cats

How does that sound? I'd really like some red cherry shrimp too... Has anyone kept them with rams? In the past I had rams with ghost shrimp and never noticed any getting eaten, but I've never had red cherries.

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Peacock Gudgeons are an ok choice, I guess. ;)

Fishlock Holmes

AC Members
Jan 9, 2011
Central Indiana
Real Name
Rachel
Well, the rams are on hold. I simply couldn't resist a pair of kribensis today. They were two of the most beautifully colored kribs I've seen (the male is actually what I think is referred to as a scarlet). At only 2", they were already "flirting" and showing some outstanding spawning colors.

So now my question is: Do you think they can stay in the cube (30 gallons, 20"L x 18"W x 21"H)? I can move them to a bigger tank if you think they need more space/length. But if I aquascape correctly, do you think they can be permanent residents of the cube?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store