55g FOWLR Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
You need to add all LR to your tank at once so you wont start your cycle over again once you add more.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
well I don't think I have to worry , I tested my tank agian this morning three times and its now back down, I think I will take in a sample to the LFS, I added my raw shrimp last night, so now its a wait and see game.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
Okay I got two peices of rock today and already I found 2 baby feather dusters, and I think a bristle worm. Lots of algea growth and little "bugs" I think micoshrimp or something.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Okay I got two peices of rock today and already I found 2 baby feather dusters, and I think a bristle worm. Lots of algea growth and little "bugs" I think micoshrimp or something.
Copepods most likely, good little guys to have. :)

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
I like my bristle worms. Be careful handling your rock, as they can be a pain if you accidentally grab one.

I have heard that soaking your fingers in vinegar is the best way to disolve the bristles should you get poked.

I also have heard there is a fish that likes to eat them, I forget what it is at this time.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
so they aren't anything to worm about? I have not seen any yet today, as I know they are nocturnal, I haven't seen any little "bugs" either.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The bristleworms are fine, they look icky to me but I've learned to appreciate them. And don't worry too much about not having all your rock at once if you have enough filtration via another means. I've added new live rock to my tank, and new base as well and just did it slowly.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
thanks Grins not sure about the worms, but there is so much other stuff coming I can't wait to see what it is. My feather dusters are still alive.

BMorgan

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
Northern California
Sounds good. Like Grins said it's ok to add more slowly. If you are worried about it you can always put the LR in a seperate container w/ a power head and heater and make sure it's fully cured before putting in, but if it's already been cured then you should be fine.

I used to have a ton of bristle worms coming out of my rocks, but shortly after I got my fish I ahven't seen them anymore. I don't know if the fish or my shrimp got them or if they are just hiding really good all the time?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store