55g FOWLR Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
The bristle worms will come out during the day sometimes, I got a pic of one of my snails going after one, I didn't see the bristle worm for days after as the snail parked on the spot the worm like to hide.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=122

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
I know that they are okay, but the look yucky, one died last night so its okay. The raw shrimp has been in there for three days how long before it starts to do well whatever it is that is does?

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
You are starting off jus the way I did . you will be fine i know how you are feeling your stressed you want everything Perfect.... Dont worry it will be fine!

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
thanks, I really didn't count on how bad the shrimp was going to smell, I tested the water today the salinity is perfect, and so is the pH, and the alkalinity is coming up nicely, and the only thing is, I have no nitrItes, very few NitrAtes. just want to make sure things are actually starting to cycle

BMorgan

AC Members
Jul 17, 2007
Northern California
Yes, you need to test for ammonia at this point. Like Grins said, chances are you have some now and the cycle is going. Make sure you have good test kits. I really don't like the strips myself and prefer the API drop tests.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
I think I will get one Wednesday, I am out of funds right now. I am hoping to get some more live rock then too, and finally my protein skimmer, one of my feather dusters are still alive, and the copepods are doing nicely. NOthing as far as algea growth yet, but everything in the tank has a white coating on it. Don't know what that means.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store