90 gallon reef setup, progress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Beautiful looking tank and stand! What are you planning for lights and skimmer?
Thank you...

As for lighting, I got 2x 250 watt MHs, and 2x 39 watt T5s. The lights are currently being installed on this custom hood... here's the build.

As for the skimmer, I won't be purchasing one right away. For now i'll just do my water changes more frequently. I'd like to purchase a higher end skimmer, and i can't really afford one right now. It'll be external. Was thinking of either going with a deltec, euroreef, or maybe an octopus skimmer.

Looks good. What do you plan on keeping fish wise? Is your tank 48'' long?

The tank is only 36" wide, which I'm fine with. I like the fact that it's 24" deep and high . I love the depth. Really adds to the look of the tank.

I haven't really thought about fish yet. . . . That'll be something to think about in the coming weeks. :)

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Looks awesome...I was going to say something about light penetration on a deeper tank like that, but it sounds like you've got it covered!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Wow cheech it is really looking wonderful. But you've seem to have done a more than adequate job in planining for this puppy.. And I like the fact you made the tank stand larger to accomdate a larger tank someday. ;)

oh btw.. Welcome to the salty side.. you think the addiction was bad before.. Just wait. lol

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Lookin good cheech, looking forward to the rest of the build and stocking.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
C'mon... We all know you drool over all those reef tanks when no one's looking... :D

I totally agree Cheech....Lets face facts here, he must be a closet SW person which is why he keeps coming over to the marine area to do his drooling...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store