Ace25's 75G Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Well, finally an update. Was up until 3am last night moving everything back into my original tank. 9 straight hours of work just to move everything across the room from one tank to another. The sump had to be disconnected/moved as well which added a lot of time to the process because I couldn't get either tank fully running/filled up with the sump disconnected. When the first thing you have to put in the tank is sand, and it is the last thing that comes out of a running system, you have to have a lot of containers and water on hand to pull out all the fish, corals, and rocks before you can even start moving stuff.

So, I guess today would reset the counter and be "Day 1" all over again on the tank.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Ace, just look how clean everything is!! :D Looks great! No leaks now, huh?

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Went to a frag show today and picked up 11 new frags for under $150. Here are some pics.. Unfortunately don't have names on most. Best piece I got was a Steve Tyree LE Flower Petal Montipora in the back right. In front of the Flower Petal is a small frag of a sunset montipora, one of my favorite encrusting montis.

Nana Acro

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Here is the last FTS I took before I tore down the tank in mid September

Here it is today, officially being re-setup on December 5th.
Front

Left Side

Right Side

Angle to the right

Angle to the left

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
hey Ace! I picked up a Leopard wrasse and a Midas blenny today $ 30 for each :D

it's all your fault.

the tank looks awesome!

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Ace: firstly, the tank looks spectacular. Did you have any issues with your Potter's leopard when you were acclimating? For some reason, even the LFS that gets them in does not have much luck with them. Beautiful Bipartitus by the way.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Sweet, which type of leopard did you get?

Nope, no problem with the potters, actually, I am terrible about acclimating. Every time I have tried to drip or slow aclimate fish they die, but when I just temp acclimate and dump the water into a bucket with a net to catch the fish and toss the fish in the tank they all seem to survive. I know it is the wrong thing to do, but it has always worked for me. I hand caught the Potters wrasse at the wholesaler and carried him in a bag all the way home, floated for 15 minutes and then went right into my tank.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Really looks great, the entire tank. Leopards are my favorite. Over the Xmas break I am going to be getting three more female leopards and still looking for the one male to complete the grouping.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store