black convict, bloodparrot crossbreed kind question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

raift

??
Oct 7, 2005
new mexico
what forum do i go to foe info about my "hybrid"

for anyone intrested i dont belive in killing my fish its not his fault i just wanted some advice

beezer720

AC Members
Nov 11, 2005
Detroit
Lady Trish, I went to bat for you. A certain moderater took down your choc/hyrid thread for me having an irrespnsible mix of fish/killing my chocolate? and for your irresponsible breeding, though IMO and from my experience with these fish that is incorrect, but I guess he knows better than me thousands of miles away. If you haven't read the explanation I posted it above. Anyway it's done, however, I would appreciate it if somehow our thread was restored so we could continue with it.

Like you, I just come to this forum to get some information and to talk to people with the same goal: to help each other from their own experiences. However, I have noticed first hand and through reading other threads that there seem to be quite a few people on this site that tell people how stupid they are/ how wrong they are/etc. I don't understand why these kind of people bother to respond at all. Constructive criticism is one thing. Condescending remarks made to show how informed you are is another.

By the way Trish, where did you get your fish?? And the fish did not breed?

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
Dear beezer: point of clarification, it was your thread that I deleted. Lady Trish's is still on page 4 of this forum, because the last response it received was on January 8. If you'd like to move it up, just go post there and it will automatically advance to the head of the line.

Any comments I made about hybridization to you, which you quoted in this thread, were made in the context of a private message which you chose to make public. Questions of etiquette aside, I would suggest that you let this go and stop trying to get other people as worked up as you obviously are.

Life's too short.

lady trish

AC Members
Oct 29, 2005
michigan
I get them from various locations around here. I am at m-59 and vandyke. There is a cichlid auction at the end of the month. I usually get some beautiful specimens from there including plecos.

A cichlid breeder in new baltimore specializes in africans called wet thumb. I wrote this out but it was the thread that was deleted prior to you being able to read it.

I will not be visiting these forums any longer but I will check it to see if you want any info on the auction (where, when)
I am going to direct my ?'s to mojo on his site. They give opinions based on what is asked and told. Instead of never offering an opinion. but quick to insult!

Thanks for your time!

raift

??
Oct 7, 2005
new mexico
any clue where i can get some advice my fish seam happy sorry i caused all this fuss. and my post isnt getting me anywhere just about other people fighting.

Gian krlo

GT expert!! :)
Dec 26, 2005
Union County, NJ
re:

raift... dont worry, i think that they will breed happily :thm: , and if i were you i would keep the babies!!! but i wouldnt give them away!!!

i think that people fight because they want to... and i think that some species that are "pure" are crossbreed, just like the flowerhorn, parrot, and others...

beezer720

AC Members
Nov 11, 2005
Detroit
Trish, that's awesome! I'll probably be following you as well. I've heard of Wet Thumb, but I thought it was predominantly African. So they have quite a few SA and CA?? Are some fish big or small, lot of people there, can you get them cheap?? I'd definately love to know more about the auction. I'm right on hall and romeo pl. so I'll definately go. Thanks!!

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
raift: you did not cause the fuss. Your question about crossbreeding has been answered, with a lot of detail, by liv2padl. It is generally not a good idea, because the progeny, with mixed characteristics, have a tendency to get released into the hobby, and pollute the bloodlines of various native species.

If your fish want to pair off, then let them, but don't try to save the eggs or fry. Nature should then take care of the issue.

If you are looking for a satisfying cichlid-rearing experience, I particularly recommend Heterotilapia multispinosa, which is a great, attractive fish that is easy to breed and yet much underappreciated in the hobby.

raift

??
Oct 7, 2005
new mexico
my question was answered moraly but ive a few differnt questions about the matter my question has not been answered in any other way it is not my decision if they breed or not its mother natures decision.

Flowerhorn916

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Sacramento, Ca
Raift..
I am on the PRO hybrid side and argee your questions have been answered and you have heard the pro's and con's of HYBRIDIZATION now you must decide. Also it would also be a good time for everyone to put and Bad Blood behind them this is just a fourm where people can share info and some people myself included are opnionated so sometimes you will ask a ? and you may get an answer that was not what you wanted to hear, but hey thats life.

Trish I am sorry to hear you wont be with us any longer I enjoyed seeing the pics of your beautiful fish and if you ever get one of those choclate oscars I want one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store