Booze and Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
This is an interesting thread!

Yes, in my experience, most of the keepers of large other-fish-eating fish are in the Male, age 18-30 demographic.... Which, also in my experience, is the demographic responsible for the most alcohol consumption, thus making them prone to fits of testosterone driven macho BS....

I believe the cure here is meeting a nice, lovely woman to beat you down and make you look, dress and behave like a gentleman....

:laugh:

atzak

Registered Member
Oct 27, 2005
I've got a friend with a 200 gallon south american cichlis tank and he is by far the biggest lush I know, and I know a lot of drunks

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I keep CA cichlids and I've been known to 'tear the roof off' from time to time. ;)
So there you have it. proof!!!!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Me either, Fishy! ;)

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
This thread cracks me up. :laugh: I'm not even going to comment on religion and I don't currently have any large aggressive cichlid tanks. However, I'm a young married, conservative woman who rarely drinks and I'd love to have a midas, red devil or similar large aggressive cichlid.

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE

SailFin

Just Me
Sep 26, 2005
SF
Bourbon and South American Cichilids

a few years ago my drunk friend spilled a large amount of Bourbon into my 85 Gallon with some SA cichlids.. does that count? I have never changed so much water so fast.. All the fish survived though they were swimming a little sideways...

Nov 15, 2004
Well, I have a south american characin so I am excluded! :D

Originally, I had something very mean to say to someone very nice in this thread, then I changed it to something very long and very self incriminating then I changed it again and decided to say only a few heavily sardonic things:

1) I should have been fired from all my jobs and expelled from both HS and college for alcohol problems. I am glad I didn't get\haven't gotten expelled, but I am still dreaming of getting fired.

2) Will I change my ways? ...Doubt it...
Am I a "testosterone exuding macho a-hole"?...in the subliminal words of the all knowing, I guess so...:bowing:

3) It's amazing how someone can find comfort in pills or a knife or even a bottle in this case. TPCTKB. I guess I fall right into this cliche since I refuse to shave, find plessure in pain, drink a lot and "keep fish that eat other fish." There is the reply you await, yet my drunken postings seem to keep them laughing :)

and to think, some of you were awaiting a happy reply :soda: sorry SF :( haha

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store