Booze and Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
sublime1184 said:
Well, I have a south american characin so I am excluded! :D

Originally, I had something very mean to say to someone very nice in this thread, then I changed it to something very long and very self incriminating then I changed it again and decided to say only a few heavily sardonic things:

1) I should have been fired from all my jobs and expelled from both HS and college for alcohol problems. I am glad I didn't get\haven't gotten expelled, but I am still dreaming of getting fired.

2) Will I change my ways? ...Doubt it...
Sub hate to be the bearer of bad news but you never know what will change. When I was your age I drank as much as you do but now I almost never drink. Everything changes.

As for the original question. I have a friend an academic sort, doesn't drink, doesn't party but he has a nasty pair of Tilapia buttikoferi that would have no problem taking a piece out of you if you put your hand in the tank. I think the people you describe would have a preference for the mean cichlids but not everyone with this preference are drinkers and/or outlaws.

Last edited:

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Things in your life do change...different things matter....I too used to put it away quite well...but it doesn't really interest me much, I guess it's the been there done that kinda thing. I did some pretty scarey stuff, now that I look back :rolleyes: I'll have an occasional one, but really doesn't matter. Last one I had, I ended up tossing out most of it. I think it's just a phase some people go through, and if you're lucky you live through it and grow out of it.

Amy..LOLROFPMP...I am sure you and Deb are the absolute authorities on that demographic group!!! :bowing: :bowing:

And this is definitely a GCC topic. If it were about cichlids and their care, it should be here, but it's about the caregivers habits... :p:

Last edited:

jruth27

Socalfish
Sep 19, 2005
Yucaipa, CA
mysite.verizon.net
Not me personally,but my b.f.

I am not fond of drinking at all, but my b.f. likes his Corona's. I should also add that I personally didn't care for the Tiger Oscars & our first Dempsey. He was the one that liked them more. They grew on me though and I like them now, but I still don't care for drinking. I have to protect my guppies because my b.f. always wants to sacrifice them to the Oscars. I don't mind a few, because I have 3 tanks of them, but I like to keep all my fish.

My Cichlid's
2 Tiger Oscars
3 Jack Dempsey's
2 Severum's
1 African cichlid (blue & black, not sure of exact species)
1 Electric Yellow cichlid
2 Parrot Fish

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

You guys answered my question and thanks.

Moonman,
You hit it right on the head. Now thinking of it when I was yunger the agressive fish were all in smaller or overcrowded tanks.

I did meat a nice girl as some one posted and she beat me down.
I'm going on 40 now and I whent back to cichlids because I liked them when I was yunger and had experience with them.

Cause of these forums I'm conserned about over crowed fish tanks. I have gone overboard. I have way to many large fish tanks.

Anyway, Your all a bunch of nice people and I like saring Cichlid talk here. I hope I didn't upset anyone.

Cylon
Oh, PS
I am glad there are a lot of people here like me. lol

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
Does this mean that if I change over to an aggressive cichlid tank I can drink heavily and have a legitimate excuse?? :dance:

My wife will go along with that ...... no really :thud:

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

Yes, You need to do this!

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
nursie said:
Amy..LOLROFPMP...I am sure you and Deb are the absolute authorities on that demographic group!!! :bowing: :bowing:
Just make sure you include sexy fish geeks, green eyes, and Irish whiskey in that group.....right Sis??? ;)

Lazonby

AC Members
Dec 6, 2002
TX
Visit site
What a thread! I have 2 large tanks, one with big 'ol cichlids and the other with cardinal tetras & Kribs, along with a ton of plants (CO2, T5's, & all that stuff). I like my boys, but I like to chill with the planted tank too. I have my emotions under control, and hold a good job (if any job is good).

I swear I own the most mild-mannered Midas cichlid on Earth. Despite his constant rearranging of my tank, I love him! There is no fighting in the tank, although the GT likes to pick on the severums every so often.

Alcohol? I drink daily, at least a six pack or so. I love beer (Corona & Heinekin). I don't like being drunk though. Just a mild buzz. You got to maintain... ;)

So, no, it's not only crazy people that like the big fish. :D

cyberbeer65

Scratch Glass!
Jan 29, 2005
Metro Detroit
www.myspace.com
Camera Used
Galaxy S10 Plus
I like to drink 10 or 12 beers on a friday or saturday night,I also like a shot of good scotch or good tequila here and there.Also,I have become very fond of Blue Moon Belgium style wheat ale (brewed by the Coors company) so I have recently been drinking that 3 or 4 times a week lately.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store