Complete Tank Redesign Project - Lessons, Learnings and Ramblings of Coach_z

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
A heck of a deal! (especially once you compare it to what i received!)

Also, username "Keno" hooked me up with some fine looking Blyxa J. He sent a HUGE portion for the amount I paid him for, or at least it just looked that way....i actually ran out of room for it in the tank...but we will get into that later.

HC, Dwarf Hairgrass

Alternathera, macrandra, Limnophila

Before (My 24.5 year old girlfriend decided to add a background to my tank the other day....lol:

Step 1

2 hours later:

I now hate potted plants

Dwarf Hairgrass

The mass of plants:

The left side of the tank (aka the stuff that will be for sale:

Epic fail on my end....never took the full tank shot!

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
there is algae....mostly due to neglect, continued dosing, no water changes, and a busted co2 solenoid. I do not understand how, but it is mainly the dwarf sag that is affected by algae.

precautionary measures have been taken:
raised light as high as possible.
ensure proper dosing based on plant usage
4 hour photo period

i am using a canister, see pics above you will see the inlet to the right of domo and the outlet to the left of the Android.

I have been running my co2 straight into the intake of my C-360 canister filter.

Last edited:

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
there is algae....mostly due to neglect, continued dosing, no water changes, and a busted co2 solenoid. I do not understand how, but it is mainly the dwarf sag that is affected by algae.

precautionary measures have been taken:
raised light as high as possible.
ensure proper dosing based on plant usage
4 hour photo period

i am using a canister, see pics above you will see the inlet to the right of domo and the outlet to the left of the Android.

I have been running my co2 straight into the intake of my C-360 canister filter.

how is the HC growing for you?

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
HC is growing OK. My co2 has been down for months so it isnt doing great but not bad either. I am dosing excel and surprisingly not killing my vals.

my macrandra is not doing very well at all right now, i need to do something about it asap. hopefully tonight If i get a minute.

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
my macrandra is not doing very well at all right now, i need to do something about it asap. hopefully tonight If i get a minute.

I haven't seen very many sucessful attemps at keeping this stuff, I am sure the Co2 would help once it is back up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store