Crab caught!!! Id please !! Pic of the lil guy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
No worries where Im from the only thing we got is lakes and there frozen solid for the next little while haha
I knew it wouldn't really work for you, but I don't want anyone else getting the wrong idea. Innocent intentions toward releasing pet fish have been catastrophic--much of southern Florida is prime example.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Ok, carry on then :)

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Holy crap thats true I never thought of that, it is good for others to know I completely agree :) There having that snake problem right now right? Well somewhere is I cant rem but there where they should'nt be anywho

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Snakes are the tip of the iceberg ;). There are quite a few things. You'll find that there are lots of different species encompassing many groups there in Florida.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I knew it wouldn't really work for you, but I don't want anyone else getting the wrong idea. Innocent intentions toward releasing pet fish have been catastrophic--much of southern Florida is prime example.
Yep, the history of the escapee, an invaders tale lol. The only good thing to come out of that sort of thing is that the invading species is less likely to die out. Sucks for the invaded though...
:nutkick:

Examples of stupid people doing stupid things include, but are not limited to, Australia toads, the ivy of the USA, the frogs and birds and insects of hawaii, the goldfish in the township pond, the evil carp things in a river that flows into the great lakes (barely holdin em back) and many other things like viruses, humans ourselves (most invasive species on earth) and rodents.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, those lionfish invading florida and surrounding area is terrible. Amazing what damage can come from releasing just a few non-native species into the wild. :(

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Is the Lionfish problem around Florida just so obvious it is assumed now? ;) To me that is the biggest example for someone in our hobby. lol.
I was thinking of the anaconda problem lol. The lionfish prob is bad though.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
Examples of stupid people doing stupid things include, but are not limited to, Australia toads, the ivy of the USA, the frogs and birds and insects of hawaii, the goldfish in the township pond, the evil carp things in a river that flows into the great lakes (barely holdin em back) and many other things like viruses, humans ourselves (most invasive species on earth) and rodents.
don't forget cat in Australia thay have managed to wipe out most of the smaller marsupials on the continent.

btw you find out anything from the LFS yet?

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
yep where else in the country can you go fishing and hook an oscar lol.

and we have a huge python problem down here with all kinds of snakes people by then let loose once they get too big

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store