Do you have a favorite reel or combo?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Go Daiwa braided line, I use that in 80lb test for my musky rod and love it. Line never deforms and doesnt bleed like other lines do.
Didn't know they sold braided line. Yes, I knew about the bleeding of the Power Pro line. Mainly been using Spider Wire brand but it gets expensive, so have been looking for an alternative that is the same quality or better and more reasonable in pricing. Looking for round braid and not the flat braid.

gotglock

The CowBacon Movement
Dec 3, 2008
S. Elgin, IL
Didn't know they sold braided line. Yes, I knew about the bleeding of the Power Pro line. Mainly been using Spider Wire brand but it gets expensive, so have been looking for an alternative that is the same quality or better and more reasonable in pricing. Looking for round braid and not the flat braid.
Just letting you know, you get what you pay for. I've been through already 3 spools of differnt braided line this year alone and Daiwa so far has lasted the longest and still going strong. First spool was Spider line, utter crap, lost a good fish on it because it stretched on me. Second spool was Stren power line that created more birds nests and bleeding than what I wanted so I just bought a spool of Daiwa line and have had that on now for 3 months.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I don't know of my Spider Wire stretching and have no true way to tell if it did. I know I have been happy with it and have been using it since it came out. I use both the mono and the braid. I also use much heavier line than some people might. Surprisingly, I go through more steel leaders than I do line. I do know the mono is stretching and I renew it each spring.

Yes, you are right about getting what you pay for but you also can over-pay just because of the name on the box. I used Stren for years as well as Berkley. I was never happy with the Stren in spite of the large numbers of fish I caught with it. Too often it would not last a full season. The Berkley Big Game is tough but you lose limpness and it has a definite memory.

Ande, I always equated with cheap. I bought large fillers of it to use on the kids rods and it did well enough for them.

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
My rod and reel set up for Surf-Casting is a nine foot BeachRunner by Seastriker, with a Quantum Boca pts 60. The reel is amazing, and its a great combo.

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
Those Ugly Sticks saved Shakespeare. The entire line of Ugly sticks is awesome regardless of size.
Isn't that the truth (both pieces of that statement).

We've been so busy tubing and swimming all summer on Moby D1ck (my bass boat), that the fishing poles have collected a lot of dust. Now that I'm in the middle of the U.S., my Penn 114H and 6/0 Senators are just paperweights. My Daiwa Sealine 50H as well. :(

The only time I get in between fall and spring soccer, AWANA, summer baseball, church, basketball, and work is to hit the occasional pond at a friend's ranch. We've discovered the beauty of those ultralight Shakespeare Synergy underspin combos for my kids. I purchased my first Shakespeare Microspin setup. What a great day it is when you can quietly go out fishing with your kids on a ranch, under the trees.

I did take 4 kids out once on the boat into a cove on one of the local lakes. One of them ended up accidentally going swimming. :huh: Oopsy.

NA

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store