Do you have a favorite reel or combo?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

connordude27

Registered Member
Mar 2, 2009
Rainer 30 reel sillstar 6' rod

The rainer reel is dicks sporting goods brand name so it is really a pflueger presidental

I use it mainly for trout and bass in local lakes but have used it in SW and rivers

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I remember when SilStar rods hit the market and no one would touch them. Although inexpensive (comparatively speaking) in the beginning, they sure proved to be well-made and now are considered good rods.

connordude27

Registered Member
Mar 2, 2009
Its a rod my dad had (he worked at an outdoor store in alaska and was crazy about fishing) and i found it one day and he doesn't even remember having it but so far i really like it compared to the shorter older rod i had. Either way I have caught pink salmon and trout on that combo (some baitfish too while salmon fishing in the ocean)

deeleywoman

All men are equal before fish.
Mar 9, 2009
Newport News, VA
www.etsy.com
i rock a black 6 1/2' MH shakespeare ugly stick (i'm short) with a shakespeare platinum reel. works well enough for me- reel is nice and smooth and this stick has been bent in half without breaking :D

i haven't been out since august. **** schoolwork, and then the coldest, snowiest winter i can remember us ever having kept the lakes frozen over for weeks on end... i can't wait to finish this **** semester and get out there!!!!!!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store