Dwarf Chain Loach Tank build(pics coming!)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
Cool, cool. I wasn't sure if they were slightly aggressive or not, I had read that on one or two sites somewhere.
They aren't aggressive, but very active. Mine shoaled with my espei fairly often, but they never really did anything that seemed to bother the other fish

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I know, I know, I'm lagging on the photos. I actually forgot to post them last night, i had the camera connected and everything.

I finished mixing up my ferts and added some hairgrass(a tiny, tiny bit), two Cryptocoryne crispatula(to see if I like that or the mystery plant better), and added some floss to my filter. The tank is cycling with dead shrimp(lol) and media from my other tank. With the media from my other tank and the plants, I expect everything to be dandy by next wednesday.

Here's a question: Red tail black sharks(well, actually one), do y'all think one would harass my sids?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
hhhMmm.... after reading just a tad more on them, I think it's probably safe to say that the red tail black shark would probably harass the sids too much. I'll find a cool centerpiece fish sooner or later...

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Thats a great looking tank book, but I wonder if your redtail not bothering his tankmates is because he also has lotsa fish his size(or similar) in there. I'm not sure I want to risk it at this point... here is a quickie photo before I went car shopping.

The plants aren't final, and most of the hardscape is not in either. Wood courtesy of mgamer is on the way, and I am currently hunting for more plants. The rotala will definitely be trimmed before the tank is considered "good to go."

tankfull.jpg

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Thats a great looking tank book, but I wonder if your redtail not bothering his tankmates is because he also has lotsa fish his size(or similar) in there. I'm not sure I want to risk it at this point... here is a quickie photo before I went car shopping.

The plants aren't final, and most of the hardscape is not in either. Wood courtesy of mgamer is on the way, and I am currently hunting for more plants. The rotala will definitely be trimmed before the tank is considered "good to go."
TBH thats exactly what I was thinking. Lots of other distractions in that tank (which looks amazing btw)

Weather Loach

Eating all the Snails in your tank!
Sep 1, 2009
California
Looks good so far :)

Carla G

AC Members
Nov 17, 2007
NSW Australia
Red tailed sharks get more aggressive the older and bigger they get. I have heard reports of RTSs killing every other fish in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store