Dwarf Chain Loach Tank build(pics coming!)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Yeah, I am not too worried about a RTS necessarily killing all my other critters. That being said, I don't think its worth taking the chance of one causing undue stress to the rest of the tank's inhabitants.

Wood came in today, I'll see if I have a chance to put it in this evening

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Camera's and I don't seem to get along... I can't seem to get my pc to read my memory card. Anyway, the tank now has 5 chain loaches(more in probably a month or so) as its residents. More fish will be in this coming week.

PLants now include: cardinal plant, asian vals, some sort of aponogeton, Cryptocoryne crispatula, dwarf hairgrass, java moss, fissidens fontanus, Rotala rotundifolia, and a bit of anacharis.

I added a 9w UV sterilizer(the AA Green Killing Machine), we'll see how that works out.

The tank should be basically finished next weekend

chonhzilla

AC Members
Dec 27, 2008
That tall plant sure looks familiar.

you said you got "DWARF" chain loaches? from Richard?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Haha, does it? I think I got it from this hmong guy here in town.... I'll have to give you his number. Seriously bro, I need to get you a pic of the Cardinal. I want to give you at least 4x what you got from Richard.

Let me know about the lily....

chonhzilla

AC Members
Dec 27, 2008
Haha, does it? I think I got it from this hmong guy here in town.... I'll have to give you his number. Seriously bro, I need to get you a pic of the Cardinal. I want to give you at least 4x what you got from Richard.

Let me know about the lily....
Really?....4X's ......:jaw:......I'll let you know.

-Chonh:crazy:

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Some of the cardinal plant has GSA on the old growth unfortunately, but that should be gone as it grows(its not from my tank).

I decided on one of the other inhabitants of the tank: Odessa Barbs Puntius ticto. They will be joining my school of dwarf chain loaches in the near future.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Welp, if I can get a working camera I will get some pics up here. I think the final stock has finally been worked out:

Dwarf chain loaches Y. sidthimunki
Torpedo Barb P. denisonii
Odessa Barb P. ticto
And probably a few red wag platies for mum

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Welp, 7 out of my 8 Odessa Barbs (Puntius ticto) are now dead. They were all showing excellent color and eating flakes and frozen food. Water tested A-Ok and no obvious lesions/parasites/etc. No idea what happened

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store