Dwarf Chain Loach Tank build(pics coming!)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Hmm, interesting, jpappy. My dennisonii are fat piglets, not nervous except when the even fatter SAE chases them.
I'd advise waiting a week or better 2 after the lfs gets them in, losses from shipping can be high. And yes I was bummed
I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't the best stock either. Like I said though, this was a LFS tank so I should say that its not a great comparison to the home aquarium. I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't receive any special attention other than what I gave them. Every other employee (including the owner) was a SW person and to be honest knew squat about freshwater no matter what they thought.

mattskims

AC Members
Jan 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't the best stock either. Like I said though, this was a LFS tank so I should say that its not a great comparison to the home aquarium. I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't receive any special attention other than what I gave them. Every other employee (including the owner) was a SW person and to be honest knew squat about freshwater no matter what they thought.

That's sad when a LFS doesn't even realize what they have. I understand being partial to SW, but we are still talking about a vibrant FW on the verge of becoming endangered, if not already.

I believe it was probaly the LFS tank. My roselines would eat 24 hours a day and start stalking the surface everyday at 530pm when I come home from work. They are bright, fat, and personable.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
The exact opposite of the fish in the LFS tank: skinny, skittish, and fragile.

And I agree, it's part of the reason I did not like the job as much as I would have hoped. The owner and all the employees were great people just very ignorant when it came to anything freshwater. I pretty much decided not to buy fish from them but out of how close they are they receive some of my fish. I just hope they are in a bag and out the door as soon as possible.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Well, here is a real quick FTS. I am still screwing around with different plant combos, so I apologize for the "weedy" look. This is a quick pic I took with my new digital camera, so hopefully there will be some higher quality ones in the future as I figure this camera out a bit more.

Current stock:
1 Pearl Gourami
13-15 Bloodfin Tetras
8 Platys(4 red wag, 4 sunset wag)
1 Banded Darter
5 Chain Loaches
3 True Saimese Algae eaters

parents tank 122109.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store