"Fallen Angel"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Lady G ,
just keep an eye on them.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I haven't went and got another yet...I kinda was waiting to see what you (or others) thought about the aggression. It just looks really odd with just one angel though:(

So...do you think it would be ok, but be prepared to move one if needed? Should I get more then one? If so, do you know any way I can tell male from female...so I don't end up with all males?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
it really depends..
you should qt the new fish for 4 weeks..this would give it time to grow out.

I have had mixed results with adding Angels with an existing Angel.

I have a very dominant wild P.Scalare that tried to kill all the angels I added except one.

I haver also added two to a mix and the female paired with known existing male and 2 yr later are still doing great(with a lot of spawns)

BTW, with angels it is very difficult to sex them.
the most successful method to id them is using the ovipositor of the female as an indicator(short, blunt and thick)

Last edited:

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
it really depends..
you should qt the new fish for 4 weeks..this would give it time to grow out.

I have had mixed results with adding Angels with an existing Angel.

I have a very dominant wild P.Scalare that tried to kill all the angels I added except one.

I haver also added two to a mix and the female paired with known existing male and 2 yr later are still doing great(with a lot of spawns)

BTW, with angels it is very difficult to sex them.
the most successful method to id them is using the ovipositor of the female as an indicator(short, blunt and thick)
Ok, thanks!! LMAO...what is a ovipositor???

oh my sorry to hear this G...fish deaths can be such day-ruiners :(
Thank you Pap...and yes, they sure can be!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
LOL
Lady G..it's the breeding tube

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Ooooooh!!! LMAO, so obviously I know "about" where that is...I just turn it over and if there is a short, blunt, thick "tube" it is a female??

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
LOL..uh yeah kind of like that ;)
actually when they are ready to spawn..the breeding tubes will become ..uhm..errr.. apparent. ;)

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
LOL..uh yeah kind of like that ;)
actually when they are ready to spawn..the breeding tubes will become ..uhm..errr.. apparent. ;)
So really unless they are ready to breed....I wont know? Grrrr, that stinks should I just take a chance and pic one out or a couple...then hope for the best? I can always move one if needed to the 29g.

sorry for your loss, not a good thing before coffee,
Thank you, no...not a good thing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store