Goldfish Tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I forgot about my trapdoor snails :)

Kristina

fishie111

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Two that I have seem suggested, but have not tried myself are:

Bloodfin tetras
Checkered barbs

Both can be kept in unheated tanks.

redheadedmommy

sleeper goby
Oct 15, 2009
mo
in my goldie tank i had about 6 zebra danios and a common pleco ... the danios worked out great they stayed to thereselves.. but i didnt like the common in there if the goldies went to the bottom hed chase them

Muske

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Mundelein IL
Don't remember, is this for fancy only types?

I have a Albino Channel cat that plays well in the pond w/comets, shubs, and Sarrasa. he will have to play well with some Watonias and Wakins come this spring.:woot:

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I keep the larger sized Procambarus alleni and Marmorkrebs crayfish with my goldfish and no real problems as of yet. The only issue is that a certain Marmorkrebs crayfish likes to grab onto the tails of the goldfish and launch into a ride around the tank. It does freak out the goldfish but other than that no harm is done. One time the cray held on so tightly that it ripped the tail a bit and that was her last ride. I rotated out the marmorkrebs and the other ones don't do this so I am thinking that it is just that particular crayfish. The reason that I have the marmorkrebs in the tank is that the babies would be good food for the goldfish as they have scoffed down all the babies I put into the tank before. The P. allenii's don't interact with the goldfish at all and act as though they aren't even there.

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
I had 7 comets for several years....here's what worked for me:

Ramshorn snails-penny size or bigger OK. Smaller ones will be et.

MTS...no problems.

Faunus Ater snails..no problems

Incompatible: ghost shrimp. Well...they ARE quite compatible with the goldfishes tummies

Brigs snails were harassed to death, antennae eaten, etc.

I had a common pleco with 'em for several years and a gibbiceps for a year with no problems other than the goldies getting a thwack when they tried to steal the plecos' food.

Plantwise...anubias and java fern did best. hornwort makes a nice snack as does duckweed. anacharis got chewed up and spit out.

RanchuRick

Go Flames Go
Feb 19, 2005
I keep 10 white clouds in a 42G with 1 Ryukin and 1 Oranda. They are doing fine after about one year. I won't mix the white clouds with fast movers (e.g. Comets) though.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I have a dozen Rosy Red minnows in QT now - as soon as I am sure they are healthy they will be moving into the big tank to see how they do.

Kristina

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
my goldfish are small still so the corydoras aren't a problem, but as my guys get bigger I guess that will have to be a reconcideration! though my cories for the most part are quite large little suckers! lol

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
I haven't kept them before but I would imagine Zebra Dianos and White Clouds would be fine. I have kept bluegill and black bass in a pond with goldfish (commons) with no problems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store