Had a Little Bitty Horse Born This Morning (mini foal)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
What an adorable baby. Beautiful minis.

pam916

AC Members
Oct 19, 2008
fort worth, tx
I went to Kentucky for the Secretariat Festival and the World Equestrian Games last October. They had a jumping contest for minis at the Secretariat Festival and a driving demonstration at the WEG. The driving demonstration was awesome. Congrats on the new baby. Looks like you have a future champion on your hands.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
Thanks a lot, everyone! It's a really exciting time of year to be a horse breeder :) Divine should have a 1/2 sibling and a cousin to play with before too much longer.

Jill-O

I just wanted to add pictures we took of Divine yesterday at 9 days old. I am really happy with how she's filling out and "unfolded". I think she's got some nice potential but realize I'm not exactly impartial (I do try to be). She has what I look for in show horses / breeding stock... short back, long legs, long-upright neck, small head, wide brow, tiny muzzle, strong hip, and highset tail. LOL! I guess I sort like her. It doesn't hurt that she seems to have heard a rumor that she's all that because she is completely full of herself... she is quite sure she's what's happening :)

Jill-O

I hope no one minds that I wanted to update... we had two other foals this Spring and they also are double dilute fillies:

"Design" (WFM's Designer Destiny):

And "Delight" (WFM's Delightfully Dun):

THEN more recently, we got a new stallion who is a 3x National Champion and is a bloodline I've wanted to bring into our breeding program for a few years now. His barn name is "Squirt" and his registered name is Erica's Can't Take My Eyes Off You. He's the only tiny mini I've ever seen and truly liked (they don't usually look very horselike if they're small). Squirt is only 28.75" :) ... sorta cool because I watched both parents of Squirt show and win when one of our other stallions was on the circuit, and I had always thought how nice they are.

One of his classes at Nationals -- LOTS of nice, little horses:

Between fishkeeping and horses, it's a wonder I find time to go to the office! :)

Thanks for looking at my babies.

Last edited:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Amazing! I never knew horses got that small, they are very cute. When the run do they look like normal horses or are there differences? (sheer curiosity)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store