Hong Kong Loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
wow neither of those pics mouths look like mines. the 2nd pics pattern of the skin looks like mine in the earlier post. but those mouth look tiny. and my loach has a pleco like mouth, but with the pics close for our reference the the first pic with the bigger mouth works best. and the barbs would be on the outter edges of the face the end of the lip. like really tiny sensors 5 and not like a barb barb, like tiny tiger barb barbs. no bushy nose pleco type like.

there kinda in the same position as the first pic, towards the outer edge tho. and imbedded like a splinter if that helps?

i greatly appreciate the pics. i too wanna set up another tank and make it a river setup. I did get another 10g but for the fiance to rope her into the hobby. its working. just not alot of space now.

KnaveTO

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Toronto, ON, Canada
Can you post a pic of your loach and the barbs you are talking about?

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
i will soon, i dont have a camera dangit.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
ok ok i found it. my loach, but mines a bit darker? the summary says they contrast base colors and can change em.

but more importantly for my ? is the mouth. if you go to loaches.com its Gastromyzon stellatus.

big mouth. and you can kinda see the red splinter around the head and mouth outer part so at least i know there supposed to be there and its prolly some sensory thing.

but you have to put your face really close to the screen lol. its the bottom pic on the right.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
bump

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
bump KnaveTO you there buddy?

KnaveTO

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
Toronto, ON, Canada
sorry... pop in here infrequently. I have never had that species of loach so unfortunately don't really know too much about them. But the pictures author is a friend of mine actually (lives here in Toronto). Next time I catch him will ask about that feature of the loach.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks thats really cool!

Does anyone know that species retail?

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
and I have a thread in the gallery of my tanks and theres a shot of him.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
any news?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store