How long have YOU been keeping fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr.Catfish

AC Members
Apr 6, 2010
NW Ohio
Started when I was 10 with a 2 gallon hex. Then it grew from their. Kept tropical fish until about 98 then went strictly north american natives. Been keeping native ever since. Within the last couple months I'm starting to get back into warm water and shrimp.So I have been in the hobby for 25 years.

Sheamus71

AC Members
Aug 31, 2011
33 years, started with a 10 gallon stocked with guppies when I was 7 years old. Fishkeeping got in my blood and has been a part of my life since childhood.

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
When I was about two I can remember watching my father's fish tanks next to my crib, he was breeding bettas. My grandmother also had guppies that fascinated me. When I was 7 I got my first fish, and have had fish for the past 40 years. I agree with others, I am still learning.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
My first fish was a comet goldfish I won at the fair sometime in the 60's

colleen0309

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
Freedom, NY
My uncle kept fish as long as I can remember. Mostly angelfish. He had the biggest, healthyiest, angels! When I was 5, my father brought home our first tank. I remember helping him with water changes. One day our kulli loach went down the drain. When mom got home from work, dad and I were under the sink taking the trap apart looking for the kulli loach. We found him, returned him to the tank and he lived a good long time! We always had tanks growing up and I continued the tradition when I left home. I'm almost 48 now, so I have been in the hobby for 43 years, and I learn something new every day!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
two years in january...like a boss.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I've been in the hobby continually since I was about 7 years old, back when I had goldfish with tropicals and super-stocked tanks. It's a wonder they never crashed! So, now, that would be about 10 years time. However, I have been seriously fishkeeping for about 4 years (2 if you don't count my less able times before Aquaria Central helped me out). At my peak, I had 7 tanks. Now I have 5 tanks, and am shrinking down to 3 tanks (75, 20L, 20T).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store