Issues with Eshopps

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Is the water level actually rising to the point where it is in danger of overflowing the tank, or is it stabilizing but just too high for your liking?

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
It seems stable over the last 24hrs, but touching halfway up the top braces, and the sump return chamber is dangerously low, around 2in and should be about 8in.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
what do you mean "touching halfway up the top braces"...got a pic?

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
I just made a video and posted it to YouTube. Give it a few minutes and check it out. Maybe we can get this thing figured out. I don't know how to make a link for hat that single video, so if you can, just search YouTube for "smnkm4ehfer" and it is labeled
"DIY sump, Eshopps PF-1800"

Thank you all for the help.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
And yes before I get flamed, this is a temporary "in tank running test" so not everything is done, and I'm not using my normal return pump, and the masking tape will be done away with lol

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
[YT]_vuZkQSdfAE[/YT]

As a "test", is it possible to spread the 2 U tubes apart, possibly even putting the U Tubes in the sections with the drain instead of in the middle (I know it isn't supposed to be that way, but just for testing I am wondering if that changes things at all). If they don't fit in the drain chambers on the back side maybe just spreading the tubes out as much as possible on the tank side of the box so they are not right next to each other.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Ok, test completed and Ace, you are a genious, it helped a lot. I'll let you and your genius brain embed this vid too lol. Let me know what's next or what you think...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store