Louise's 1mx 600x 800 reef build + PICS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Its ok. There are thousands of species of nudibranchs and the chances of you getting one that is going to harm your livestock is slim. Some are more common that others (like zoanthid eating or aptasia nudis [sorry I don't do scientific names very well:)]. I'm sure it will show up again and it was very colorful so you should be able to spot it easily.

louise01

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
Northside Brisbane
Real Name
Louise.... hard to guess right?
something like that discovered in my tank, would have freaked me out. I hope he turns out to be something you can keep, I would love to see what it looked like if it got bigger.
Saw him on my glass again yesterday... Hes really cute and i dont want him to turn into a nasty coral eating machine... Need advice on my blue LED's... As you can see in a previous pic, one side of the tank is bluer than the other.. this has nothing to do with the bulbs but simply my light is longer than my tank and therefore one blue LED is out over the edge of the tank. Im trying to find a LED strip that i can 'stick' to the light fixture....Anyone done this or have any suggestions... Kind of wanting to try a colour other than blue as well... Your thoughts?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
hmmm.... shift the entire light set-up over a tiny bit to even it out? Easier said then done though... get another LED for the side that's darker?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I don't see the difference but if it bothers you then that's what matters. The only mention of LEDs I see in your 1st post is moonlights. Are those the lights you are reffering too? Not sure how powerful those are but there are a number of 2 to 3 bulb LED moonlights out there that are easy to mount. If your moonlights are something more than that maybe a Stunner Strip or Panorama Bar would work...

http://www.ecoxotic.com/products.html

Very easy to install and the stunners come with a very strong double sided tape as well as screws if you want to use them. The Panoramas area far bit brighter than the Stunners.

As for another color, I think it would be best to replace one of your T5 bulbs with something like a KZ Figi Purple or an ATI Purple+. Violet/purple, red and green LEDs are kind of ugly IMO even if you only incorporate 1 or 2 bulbs. Almost like a blacklight effect.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
^Forgot about those.

louise01

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
Northside Brisbane
Real Name
hmmm thanks guys I will check them out and hopefully i can find them here in Australia :)

Not even going to attempt moving my light..! I dont think moving it over would solve anything... just block light off the other side as well :( ...sigh

On the plus side did i mention i purchased 2x bright pink morphs!!! :D Im one happy girl

louise01

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
Northside Brisbane
Real Name
I am also starting to believe that i have too much flow in my tank.. My elegance will not open and no matter where i put him/her/it the flow seems too much...

If i change a 5000lph to a 3000lph wave maker, will this help?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
If your tank looks good other than the elegance (no detritus settling and everyone else is happy) I wouldn't change it up. Any way you can kind of shift a couple pieces of rock to shield the elegance a bit?

If my conversion is correct thats a little over 1300gph which isn't much at all IMO. Is that in addition to the powerheads or are the powerheads on a wave maker which gives you that flow (sorry can't recall). From looking at your first pics you may be able to lower your powerheads and angle them up a little instead of down (or maybe just one up and the other down). Then try and nestle the elegance in a little cove along the base of the rocks. The right flow can be a bit of a pain to dial in but typically more is better for the overall health of the tank as long as your're not blowing flesh of your corals :).

And what of these bright pink morphs you speak of? It isn't polite to tease, pics please :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store