my 2ft 60ltr tank :) now planted and cycled! (pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
nothing special, just some gravel got from pets@home place near where i live

this tank is getting moved upstairs tomorrow, the end of the road for it really how it looks now, it will look completly diffrent (hopefully) and will be setup as a kribensis breeding tank or BN tank, so more caves/less plants etc which is a shame i suppose because i look at the tank and i do love how it looks but i prefer my 3ft now, that is my main tank, lol (pics in signature if anyone is interested)

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
nope nothing special, just gravel thats it.

i used a liquid plant food once every 8 weeks ish, but other then that the plants seem to do really well. i trim them back every 6weeks, then it takes a week or two and then they grow again and down stop until i trim them back, here is a more recent pic, i think i took this one last week, it looks very overgrown but thats because i was growing plants to go in my 3ft so i left it to overgrow on purpose :)

P8192971.JPG

dj_square

Registered Member
May 3, 2007
so what you suggest to go with river sand with gravel on top ot laterite and golden sand on top

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
IF i were doing it again i would proabibly go for a finer gravel then the one i used and maybe mix sand into it in a 1:3 ratio to give a more fine substrate, but other then that i dont think i would change it...afterall it seems to be working at the moment, lol

dj_square

Registered Member
May 3, 2007
oh ok nice idea as i was planning to go for riversand with black gravel and what is that black gravel called which you have used

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store