my 2ft 60ltr tank :) now planted and cycled! (pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lazyNode

AC Members
Oct 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
That is a very nice piece of driftwood - is it ceramic? Looks too good to be true.

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
nope it is real :) and a pain in the backside!! it has made the water go a darker colour despite it being soaked for over a week and boiled twice!!! so another week of soaking and another boil and i will put it back in the tank...if it wasent such a nice piece i would have thrown it away by now.

schrimpy is dead this morning though :(

i think it may be t do with the fact i put some plant food in there? a couple of days before adding him, some sites say they are very dodgy with chemicals in the water, either that or LFS sold me a duff one, tank still checks out ok on all levels so cycle is fine, ohh well other fish are doing fine

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England

ok a bit of an update :

BOG WOOD! is still a pain in the backside! been soaking now for ages, every night i replace the water in the bucket with boiling hot water out of the ketle and still it clouds the water in the bucket :( will it ever be ready......stupid thing!

i bought some new fishies yesterday !

A rather beautiful red/white/red swordtail which i am told was bread by a local breeder and is quite a rare one, i dont really care about this but he is lovley and has made friends with my platties.

A female bristlenose, she is very cute about 4cm long and is hungry, lol been eating my algae from the glass all night, came downstairs this morning and it was sparking!

and last but not least a Female Siamese fighter, she is purple/blue/red coloured and is very shy and likes hideing in the plants but my gourami is chaseing her a bit :( but hopefully they will get on better after a few days.

i will post some pics up this weekend.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
some updated pics :)

i now have

2 plattys (both male but try telling them that when they try and hump each other)
1 swordtail
1 neon dwarf gourami
female betta
female bristlenose
clown loach
female ghost shrimp (i bought another and she is doing fine, even has a belly full of eggs)
7 kribensis chiclids (which will be reduced to three one they pair off)

all in all i am happy with my tank :) the plants seem to be doing really well, i have taken cuttings from my java fern and attached it to my main piece of driftwood (as you can see from the pics) the java moss has taken really well and most of my plants seem to be thriveing.

unfortunatly i have a lazy clown loach and snails are becoming an issue, lol

P5232619.JPG P5232629.JPG P5232633.JPG P5232639.JPG P5232640.JPG P5232659.JPG P5232662.JPG

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
oops forgot to include a pic of my clown loach (and as you can see the snail issue i have, lol)

and a pic of my shrimp (you can just see her hiding under the bogwood the flash on the camera has made her look slightly gray but she would not come to the front of the tank so i could take a pic without the flash :( (she is protecting her eggs)

P5232655.JPG P5232658.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store