My 3ft Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
One step closer.. I have added extra bracing to my cabinet and inserted the refugium. It's a perfect fit about 1/4 space on the sides of the refugium. I'll be putting a thin black panel under the front bottom of the cabinet to hide the support blocks i have there now. I'm really looking forward to having a nice display tank with filtration and heating hidden away from view. Pics:

Still not sure what to put in the refugium yet. I guess just a normal sand bed + plant with lighting. The guy I bought the refugium from had bioballs in between the baffles but it seems the consensus is to avoid them.

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Ruby sits there for hours each day, I think the new tank is going to blow her away once up and running :)

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
That dog is a Ratter. That bright blue moving thing probably has all his hunting neurons firing! LOL

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Looks great. You might want to consider a cover for the electrical work that is right over the protein skimmer. That sump should really do great things for your tank.

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Yeah I'll definitely add some sort of cover there. I was worried about the skimmer being decent enough (aquaone sk200) but apparently it has quite a following and apparently gets productive/consistent in 2-4weeks. There was one forum about this skimmer that had 20 pages of people happy with it, many of them 'modding' it. I'll just see how it goes. Hoping to hear back from the tank builder today so I can start arranging the new tank build..

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Ok big day today. On the menu is draining and moving my current tank to the garage and beginning install of the new tank. Once the new tank is on with sand in etc I'll snap a pic. Here is everything pre-move:

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Phew.. phew.. and.. phew. The move is complete. My old tank is now safe and running again. My damsel is happy and alive! :)

Now time to get to work on the new tank:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store