My 3ft Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Well it is currently on the floor next to the left of the new setup. My plan is:

-setup my medical tank and put my damsel + rock of polyps in there
-transfer everything in the old tank to the new tank + bring water up to volume + add a load of live rock from the lfs. Let the new rig run for a day or so and monitor the water quality. I guess if everything is ok at that point move my damsel and polyps over to the new tank..

I am hoping to get this done over the next 3 days. Also got the 'cosmetic' framing finished today and will possibly be painting that white.. pic:

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
Paint!!? Blech. How about some finishing oil? That way it can come close to matching your nice stand.

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Yeah, been thinking about that too, hopefully i could get a match vs. a clash but worst case i just paint..

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
Yes I agree.. Worst case!:eek3:

How about a small can of polyurethane. Hardware stores carry it in about 4 shades. They also carry wood samples that you can check to see how dark you need to match your stand - clash free.

They carry satin and clear.

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
OMG I am so exhausted, the final build took me 3 days, last night i was up to 2:30am and today pretty much finished, just need to paint and mount my framing. Here's a pic!!

I am so stoked. So far so good. A few questions.. I was told to run the top lighting for 8hrs a day and the Refugium light 24hrs a day is that right? I still have a lot of live rock rubble to add to my return pump chamber. Also, was wondering when I should see waste from the skimmer, not much load in my tank yet so I am gueesing 2-4weeks before it starts producing? ALSO, I was told I can have my 2x39watt T5 lighting sit on top of the glass, is this ok? I could put it on some blocks to give it more space if needed..

Sean

Last edited:

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
ok, the glass seemed fairly hot to me so i raised the light up 2inches, i was worried the glass might crack from the heat?

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Your setup looks great. You need to put legs on your light and I would run the main tank 8 hours a day, but the fuge should be 8-12 and only when the tank light is not on.

Is that the Tunze 6055? Did you get the single controller?

srossnz

AC Members
Aug 28, 2007
Thanks for the info and comments :)

Still running good and my damsel is lovin the new home. I have the Tunze 6025 but I have done the mod to boost flow and boy does it ever, my whole tank is rockin and my damsel is hangin' 10 :)

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
What's it's name?

LOLOLO

Looking very nice. Skip the trim all together. Looks modern now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store