My beta's fins are tangled..?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
i'll ask how old the shark is. there were like 6 in a 20 gallon tank, maybe they are smaller ones.
it doesent matter how old he is ,he is going to get huge no matter what.it is best you return him.
also are there any other symptoms your betta has? (discoloration,bumps,etc)
because i think i can see white spots on his pectorals or it may just be the pic.
thanx i now see how you have the bowl rigged.he is definitely clamping his fins

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada

This is mr blue's tank, Hagen elite style 35 9.5 gallon. Only tank mate he can co-exist with is a common pleco which is under the driftwood. they are pals. I've put them in the quarantine bowl together one time when I had to move their old tank, and they were mad chillz. Forgot to mention, I added a nitrite and ammonia reducer in the filter.

This was mr. blue's original tank until I added tank mates...Hagen Elite Style 60 15.6 gallon. Tank consists of two apple snails, marble pleco, bala shark, fancy guppy, female red betta (princess), black moor, two mollies (cheetor and blackie) and one male dwarf gourami bloodred named Alpha..cuz he's the alpha. All living in harmony. Nitrite and ammonia reducer in filter.

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
it doesent matter how old he is ,he is going to get huge no matter what.it is best you return him.
also are there any other symptoms your betta has? (discoloration,bumps,etc)
because i think i can see white spots on his pectorals or it may just be the pic.
thanx i now see how you have the bowl rigged.he is definitely clamping his fins
No ick, i had ick before, i cured it...he eats, he swims, he flares, he's normal his fins are just a mess.

He has one bump on the side of his head but i think it's just a pimple cuz it comes and goes.

If what you're saying is true, i'll sell him. He was only 6 bux, i can't imagine how something in the 6 dollar range can grow so big. i'll ask the pet shop.

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
Called the pet store, they said the bala shark will get as big according to the tank. If he gets too big, i'll just sell him..or i'll just go all out and get a fuggen huge *** tank!

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
sorry to tell you this but that common plec will need will need a much larger tank,the moor is incompatible with the tropicals, and that marble plec needs at least a four foot tank :(
i highly suggest getting rid of the bala,plecs and the moor.maybe you could find them a nice new home here on ac.if you do that then you could add some more mollies,and fancy guppies and maybe some cories if you like bottom dwellers

mr. blue may have internal parasites from when you introduced new fish.

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
the common pleco was my gf's in her goldfish tank for years and it barely grew.

The moor was raised with male bettas believe it or not, and there has been no signs of incompatibility, other than him crapping a lot...which i'll clean up after.

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
mr. blue may have internal parasites from when you introduced new fish.
Maybe, but he always had that bump on his head that came and went. I really think the fit rotting was due to the new tank not completed its cycle, and stress.

It's too bad he's so aggressive, i really thought he could be friends with other tank mates.

He's making a bubble nest in his quarantine bowl so that's a good sign of contentment.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
the common pleco was my gf's in her goldfish tank for years and it barely grew.

The moor was raised with male bettas believe it or not, and there has been no signs of incompatibility, other than him crapping a lot...which i'll clean up after.
the plec is probably stunted, and for the moor and the betta not behavior wise but thier needs are different like water and temperature.

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
If he has a pimple on his head it could be carpox. Would it be possible to get pics of the problem areas?

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
Maybe, but he always had that bump on his head that came and went. I really think the fit rotting was due to the new tank not completed its cycle, and stress.

It's too bad he's so aggressive, i really thought he could be friends with other tank mates.

He's making a bubble nest in his quarantine bowl so that's a good sign of contentment.
actually bubble nests are not actually a sign of contentment,sometimes they just build nests . maybe he was thinkin here may be a stray female in his new surroundings lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store