My beta's fins are tangled..?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
you may want to treat mr blue for internal parasites

and thankyou for the supporting info leahk

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
I still do not understand the bag...he already has his own tank..are you quarantining him from the invisible fish inside the tank? Anyways, his fins are only messed up due to the nibbling on the fins, he should be back to normal soon
as mentioned previously in the thread, the water has a bit of nitrite and amonia in the tank.

The bag just helps the bowl FLOAT in the HEATED environment of the tank. was being treated with 1 drop per 16oz of betta revive, so it make sense to just put him in a bowl rather than wasting all the medication in 1 day, since it's a daily dosage.

Mr blue is back in the tank now though. 64 hours passed and his fins grew to the point where his spine was curving in the bowl. he's swimming and being all active as he once was.

As for internal parasites, how do I treat him for that? apparently the betta revive stuff i got him was suppose to treat him for that as well..? maybe it's just a pimple?

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
If you are saying the poop looks white and stringy then there is a very good chance he has internal parasites.
the poop is not white, and it's not that stringy, it's in between stringy and clumpy. the poop colour is like a greenish..

lizzyrd

AC Members
Jan 16, 2010
No offense Slug. It seems like you may have missed the part in the articles about stunting where it says that usually fish show no sign of being stunted because they just stop growing...but their internal organs continue to grow causing an early death. Do what you will do, but you are in a situation to prevent stunting and early death now that you know.

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I have never heard of a Betta having green, stringy, poop before this thread so I don't think it is normal.

cichlidkrazy

AC Members
Mar 3, 2010
i hav two balas...six inch growth in one year! and no offense but ur gonna kill your betta theyre solitary unless with female bettas

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
kill my betta? what do you mean, i have 3 bettas now, female in 1 community tank, and 1 male betta in his own tank.

Anyways, what does normal betta poop look like? mr blue's poop was green probably because he was in the bowl with the blue betta revive medicine. I do remember his poo being like a pinkesh colour at one point, but I would like to know what normal poop is suppose to look like, thanks.

slugzkea

AC Members
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
No offense Slug. It seems like you may have missed the part in the articles about stunting where it says that usually fish show no sign of being stunted because they just stop growing...but their internal organs continue to grow causing an early death. Do what you will do, but you are in a situation to prevent stunting and early death now that you know.
the bala I have now was in a smaller tank with 5 other bala's at the pet store. I understand now the requirements of the bala, but taking him into my tank has been beneficial regardless.

I do plan to get a bigger tank really soon (a week), 30g or 30+ and he will go in there with the female betta community, until I can sell him to a bigger tank.

I have read though, that they only require a big tank (50g+) if you school them.

So what would be the average tank size for just 1 bala?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store